DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

screen resolution

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

screen resolution

Post by fishtank »

I just got a new 22" widescreen monitor, and am having trouble getting tt's resolution settings right.
960/600 is pretty close to good, but the text is funky. I tried to take a screenie to show the weird text, but it looks fine in the screen shot (hmm).
1280/800 seems optimum, but my fps's drop almost by half, and it seems like my tank is in slow-motion. Also, my radar gets tiny.
Any ideas on how to get this right short of buying a new graphics card? Is it possible to tweak the resolution settings in a .prefs file or something?
Monitor is 1680/1050, 16:10 ratio. Card is a geforce 8600gt, in case that matters.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Re: screen resolution

Post by Dazzle »

get a smaller screen :)

Worth updating GPU drivers as new drivers sometimes also give new screen resolutions, not sure it will help but worth a go.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: screen resolution

Post by fishtank »

Yeah, I tried updating, no luck. I'm getting used to the weird text, it's no big deal.