DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

<<<<THE BUMP THREAD>>>>

Please keep spam clean and non-abusive.
Game threads need to stay on topic. Don't over spam!

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Should This Thread WIN the PTT2 SPAMMY AWARDS?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:26 am

YES! It's wonderful tasting spam in here.
48%
NO! This is so not even close to good spam.
52%

Total votes: 25

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

<<<<THE BUMP THREAD>>>>

Post by LGM »

OK, it's time to revive that old favorite of mine!

Here's your chance to senselessy bump a thread for whatever reason!

Tell the world... bumps are back!

[center]B*U*M*P !!!
Image[/center]
woo

Post by woo »

jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

:ban: err... Image still not right... Image and if that's not obvious enough... BUMP!
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
UAE Dragon

Post by UAE Dragon »

**BUMP**BUMP**BUMP**
UAE Dragon

Post by UAE Dragon »

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Before and after bump:

UAE Dragon

Post by UAE Dragon »

Image Image Image
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Bump-o-snow!

Cassie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cassie »

Bump (Internet)
[i]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia [i]

To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads.

Motivation
Many Internet forums show as their first page a list of the 20-50 topics or "discussion threads" most recently posted to. Someone wishing to keep a thread on this first page, or bring an old thread back to it will post a reply to it purely to do this. If they are open about this, the post may simply be the word "bump".

Netiquette
Thread bumping is commonly considered a breach of netiquette and some moderated forums forbid it. Users may get around that by posting what is ostensibly a genuine reply. Sometimes this will mockingly contain the word "bump" in it, such as "Wandering the forum, he bumps into this thread...", or be a trivial question or response such as "Anyone?".

Sticky threads
Many forums now have features allowing administrators to make a thread "sticky", meaning that the thread will remain at the top regardless[1].
In a similar way a few forums create an area specifically for bumping (which usually does not count for a user's postcount). The thread is usually used as a way for forum goers to post on nothing in particular, or just pass time talking to themselves, and allows the moderators to lessen the clutter of pointless threads.

Trivia
BUMP is sometimes used as a backronym for "Bring Up My Post/Post count" or as a recursive acronym "Bump Up My Post".
Bumping old or inactive ("dead") threads is occasionally called "necroposting", and the bumping posts referred to as "frankenposts".

References
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/guidelines.html
http://purplemartin.org/forumarchives/policy.htm
http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/announc ... p?f=70&a=2

---

UAE Dragon

Post by UAE Dragon »