DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Attention all Hosters

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Cassie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cassie »

It's sort of a battle between GG/BT and TT-ers.

They wont support us if we don't support them - We wont support them if they don't support us.

If both parties stay in this contradiction, TT will never get a second version.
PLAYER36-SA-
Veteran Heavy
Veteran Heavy

Post by PLAYER36-SA- »

We won't get a second version, they didn't say it very clearly, but if you look back to a thread on PTT it's pretty obvious we won't be getting any major updates.
SkyRon(SA)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by SkyRon(SA) »

Thnx for the information Rooster, I've been doing that since I've been hosting Modds od mine. :rockon:
Imageskyron(SA)-Ronak(SA)
SA member
SkyeSoul
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by SkyeSoul »

about the support from bravetree.. we have modified TT so much that more money would be made by anybody if they used our script and put in modwizard or things like that. and we can just use the script on rollerball, no loaders and just modify it to demos only. so the demos who have it can just play, and if they want the map come here.
benblue20
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by benblue20 »

Who cares? I don't see any DEMOs buying the game lately. It's always, "can i be admin???!?!?????!!11111" after decades, that same person is going to come there and say "can i be admin?" >.>

^ those are the TALKATIVE DEMOs. The DEMOs that aim horribly and don't talk, may still have a chance buying the game. :)
SkyeSoul
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by SkyeSoul »

make a script that dosent let demos be admin even if they guess the password, so when can i be admin is asked just like make it give a warnin or sumthin.
belikin
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by belikin »

Identifying the servers that have been modded seems to be a logical request.

Back in the old days (before expansion packs and the like) the servers were sometimes marked "20 minute download". Now, there are so many people playing it is not practical to tie up a server with loaders and frustrate the new comers.

As far as new people joining the game. I do believe there are new people joining all the time. My anecdotal evidence is that on spring break Dash Bash was busy with new people. I was off from work for a week and bumped into many of them. I believe this is because of his use of the stock maps. I try and do my part to inform them of the general rules of the game, ie not taking health when fresh and things like that.

Marking the servers and welcoming new players can only help the community.

As a side note, some of the map mods are better than others because of the way they play but on the whole the modders of this game have done a wonderful job of creating new and interesting maps. There are too many modders to mention here so i would just like to thank you all, GJ.

Sorry about the long post, i have not posted in a while and thought i would take a minute to point out the obvious.

GO SKIDDIES!

belikin(UF)
PEST
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by PEST »

I was interested to read Speedo's point of view.....

.... the whole point of a demo is to hook a player on to buy the game. Do you really want to prevent demos from playing on servers?

How long have you been playing as a demo Speedo? Are you ever going to buy the game?

There are many demos out there who have been playing as demos for ages. What is the incentive for them to buy the game if they can play for this length of time without paying a penny?
blackpen
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by blackpen »

y can only some people hoast how do u do it
Bloop?
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Bloop? »

To follow on from what was said at the start of this thread.
I agree, gq is a great guy, and i really love his DEMO-free servers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.