DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Well well well...

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin

TMG Leader
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Well well well...

Post by TMG Leader »

Some of you may remember me from the "early" days of this game. Remember shockwave servers? Haha. A few months ago, I was going through some of my old stuff in my computer from back when I made the swap to PC from mac and found a folder titled "Back Up of Garage Games" and here I am posting on the forum. I downloaded some things off this site to get the game up and running and even got my crazy modded server back up and running for a hit of nostalgia. Considering that my server was very active during '05 up to around the time of the "death" of this game, I'm very impressed that there's is still somewhat of a community hanging on and keeping this game somewhat alive. I tip my hat to the people keeping this game and community alive for the past 19ish years.

Just for those who are interested in other Garage Games games, MarbleBlast still has an active community last time I checked but is dwindling. In fact, some of the original creators of MarbleBlast went off and released a game titled "Marble It Up" which is still up on Steam for purchase and had a sequel released in 2018 titled "Marble It Up Ultra." Naturally, I bought it and it still play it. The online multiplayer seems to be dead though, which is unfortunate considering the original lacked the capability of online play. The game uses a different and newer engine so I didn't get too excited about extracting files to try to find some source to put in our beloved Torque engine like I did in the past with the original MarbleBlast scripts. I donated what ever CS files of MarbleBlastGold I had to this community years ago since I had the "original" release with almost or perhaps all the .cs scripts intact. GarageGames noticed their mistake at some point during the sales of the game and stripped the scripts leaving only the .dsos in most folders of the game.

As for other GarageGames titles, I'm not aware of any others that took off. If anyone has any information on other titles, please do share. Clips have surfaced on YT of ThinkTanks Online (or whatever the online version was called for InstantAction) for Xbox sometime last year claiming the servers are back online or something of that nature. So perhaps there's hope? Who knows?

Anyways, hope you all are well and take care. 8)
First to fall, last man standing.
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Well well well...

Post by Jerry »

I hate to say it, but there isn't much interest in an almost 20 year old game. It would be great to have a spinoff of TTs out there again, but I think its way too late for that. With that said, I enjoy the nostalgia of running my old servers too. lol I pop in here and there myself and play a few games. I think 95% of the games are with sheep. GGs btw Sheep. I try to play a few times a week, but its not so much fun playing against bots. I waste most of my time playing Diablo IV nowadays.

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Well well well...

Post by Cloud »

Hey! Long time! We have an active community on Discord! Find us there. I have a mac and don't have access to TT anymore.
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\