DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Visibility enhancing skins

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Visibility enhancing skins

Post by Scyth »

Well my previous copy of TT got deleted when my HD crashed a year ago and while re-installing I made some small changes to improve the visibility of certain objects in game.

ReticleSpot and DefaultProjectile
The green bullet color makes them easier to see at a distance (even when on grass) while preserving the 3D-suggestion, I tried other colors such as yellow, red, pink and orange but the green bullet seemed better. Please keep in mind that this was while wanting to preserve the 3D-effect, if not yellow would be quite equal with green.

I also recreated a reticleSpot that @uré once gave me, its impressive compared to the old one. (You can see it very clearly at the ammo-gate in the 2nd screenshot).

If you want the files just give me a shout (read: pm) in case they are popular I will upload them on the interwebz.

Advanced Radar
I have developed a more advanced radar that you can read all about on this topic.
a screenshot of what it looks like:

If you have ideas on other stuff that can be improved or want to suggest different colors please post in this thread.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
Cylicon460
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Visibility enhancing skins

Post by Cylicon460 »

Wow, these look like they could help a lot. Do you have anything for Tank visibility?
Ice mom KT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Ice mom KT »

Nice looking skins you have there! That radar looks like it would be a real help in a Team Battle mode.
stiffler
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by stiffler »

this is what i did
light color tank skin dark reticle
dark tank skin light reticle orange reticle worked best
Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Scyth »

@ Cylicon & Ice mom:
The radar is still being developed and Im not giving it away just yet, you will however see it reappear somewhere else real soon! It currently still has some flaws that need to be worked out, appart from that it is a beaty! :heart:

For a very visible light tank skin I would go for a light or extremely dark skin. Requirements are to use at least 2 colors so that you can see it on different terrain. If you want a recent skin there is only 1 you should be looking at:
http://planetthinktanks2.com/forums/Thi ... f=5&t=5139

@ stiffler:
Well I can imagine an orange reticle working too, but then you rely on the contrast with the ground textures or tank textures. If this is not the case then you re screwed. Instead of having just 1 color I (it was @uré's idea) took the 2 highly visible most contrasting colors (red - green) and put the contrast on the reticle image itself so that it is everywhere I aim.
Ice mom KT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Ice mom KT »

^ Oh maybe that's why I can't find that radar anywhere. Let me know when it's released!
Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Scyth »

Scyth wrote:, you will however see it reappear somewhere else real soon!
If you haven't found it by now, here it is: http://www.planetthinktanks2.com/forums ... 85#p102885
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

Been using a green default projectile for years, I agree green seems to be most visible. I also made the tank explosion green.
I like your new stuff, you should upload your skins to the Skins & Player Gallery.

Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Scyth »

tried doing that with the radar and failed miserably :P ended up uploading them on imageshack.

Perhaps I should figure it out :)
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

Thanks for the inspiration.