DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

BSG Viper Mark II

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

O M
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

BSG Viper Mark II

Post by O M »

I'm a big fan of the now done and over Battlestar Galactica series that ran on SciFi. I was very sad to see the show come to an end :'(

As a little tribute, I decided to give tank skinning a go and make a light tank one dedicated to one of the trademark images from it - the Colonial Viper Mark II fighter.

This guy for anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about-

It took a while to complete, since it was my first time skinning, actually more because I was obsessing over some of the details, but here it is. I would have posted some better images/angles if I was able to get Skin Viewer working, but I've had some issues with it. So I did a little "card" style mockup from screenshots instead.

Special thanks to Yarkl for his Light Tank skin template, and to Monica for taking that template and labeling all the parts. It made figuring out what was what a lot easier.

The set includes the skin, a custom brain jar PNG to simulate the cockpit canopy, and tank treads.

Hope you enjoy-

Download the complete set here

PS - I'm planning on eventually making a medium and heavy tank skin based on imagery from the series as well. I just started the medium based on the Raptor recon/shuttle craft. Not sure yet what I plan to make the heavy into.
Cadc
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Re: BSG Viper Mark II

Post by Cadc »

Oh wow, looking Goood! this is probably one of the best originally done skins I've seen for a while now, Congratz on this, really well done! :rockon:
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Good job!

You stayed true to the features of the original, but got it to work on a stubby lil tank.

I'll look for the others too.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

Looks great. Love the brainglass.
O M
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by O M »

Thanks all!

Yeah, figuring out where to put everything from the viper onto such a small palette, and figuring out how the brainglass actually mapped around the 3d object were the 2 biggest challenges here. It was fun to do though.

I had forgotten to place one file in the zip download, which was the brainjar.jpg for the light tank. I didn't modify the look, only the coloring so it matched the rest of the skin. I updated my zip file just now though.
Metal
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Metal »

Really nicely done! I'll download it!

Good job O M!
Cylicon460
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cylicon460 »

That's insane.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

I've been using the skins for a couple days now... I really like them. Here's some shots-
Picture 3.jpg
Picture 3.jpg (45.79 KiB) Viewed 8361 times
Picture 5.jpg
Picture 5.jpg (56.04 KiB) Viewed 8359 times
Picture 6.jpg
Picture 6.jpg (33.35 KiB) Viewed 8358 times
O M
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by O M »

Cool! Glad you're enjoying it. I certainly put a lot of care into making it.

Still working on the Raptor, but its slow going right now. I've also started a NYC series (I live in NY) that's based on some common vehicles seen in these parts. I hope to release the first in that series soon.
PGG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by PGG »

I LOVE YOU!

May I suggest that you make a cylon raider in the heavy?
Pardon my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.