DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

RetLock

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin

PGG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

RetLock

Post by PGG »

Well, someone said "So make a skin" when I was complaining about the glowering quality of skins these days, so I did. Here it is, 'taint a work of art er nuttin, but it's 100% original material. I wasn't really aiming for "sexy", anyway, more of an inspirational attempt to show someone somewhere who has some arguable amount of skill something a little different than the cookie-cutter skins we see right now. Branch out, try color schemes, use the OTHER tools in photoshop besides the brush, spill bucket and filters. My favorites to use are the burn, dodge, and sharpen tool. Try drawing a marquee around a gray area, using the burn tool around the sides, and unselecting it. Now apply the sharpen to that. CRAZY!

Pardon my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.
DJ Wings
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: RetLock

Post by DJ Wings »

Dodge and burn... Hm. Nice idea. Still, I'd prefer to just use a bump-map filter...
Never really gone, never really part of the game.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

It's horrible. I hate it.
PGG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by PGG »

@ Fish: Yeah, so do I, actually. Like I said, it really isn't anything of quality. It took me about an hour, at most. It used zero filters and no images from the internets, which is the message I'm trying to get across. I was trying to go for a miniclip game graphic, but it just sorta came out a little messy. The big problem working in low res.

@ DJ- The dodge and burn functions are much more expandable than a bump filter. You can start with scratches, but once you get the feel of using them with actual brushes and such, you can find that many options can open up for you. One thing I'm messing around with right now is making hair inside photoshop.

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_cus ... 3174&page=
Pardon my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.
SkyRon(SA)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by SkyRon(SA) »

nicely done :thumbup:
Imageskyron(SA)-Ronak(SA)
SA member
firestorm
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by firestorm »

Reminds me a bit of RXs skin
Pretending to be asleep when *Stiffler Comes into The server Since 2008!
ImageImage