DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

I give up

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Sersh
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

I give up

Post by Sersh »

I'm sorry but this REALLY needs to be said. Nothing really personal here I just can't stand any of this. Yes, I'm aware that this comment is very unorganized, I was just saying things that came to mind.

1. Using a single filter, or just pasting a raw image into the .jpg is skinning, in a sense. HOWEVER, this is not worth saying "GOOD JOB I like it keep up the good work!" YES, I know, you may very well THINK this is constructive and overall, helping the skinning community, but it ISN'T. Quite frankly, the standard of a "good skin" is just about terrible right now. I was just stopping by to see how things were going here on the forums tonight and I was appalled. I'm not trying to be mean but this HAS to be said. Not because the skins were so bad, but because people were giving them such good ratings. PEOPLE, giving a lousy skin a good rating is NOT going to help in the end. By doing this, you're giving the skinner and other skinners a standard that keeps getting lower and lower. What I mean by this is if I were to make a skin, using paint, just the spray paint tool and were to post it here; and you told me it was great, I would think to myself, "Oh, it WAS great, I should make another with equal or slightly lesser value and post it here again! It till be great!" Now you have a whole bunch of threads about MY SKINS all over the skin forum that are half ass'd and took 20 minutes to make.

2. I used to skin. No, I was not really good at it. So I quit. One thing I have noticed while browsing this forum is that people will say things like, "Check this out, took me about 10 minutes to make." like it is a good thing. GUYS, PLEASE, PLEASE at least devote an hour to and hour and a half to your skin, OR MORE. Don't be afraid to hit File\Save and come back to it the next day, we'll all still be here.

3. There are more than two things you can say about a skin. Don't feel like you have to either say great or terrible, and I mean DON'T be afraid to say terrible. The person you are posting to needs to learn to take constructive criticism anyway. Explain WHY you think it's great or terrible. Tell them that you sort of like it but there are things they could work on. 99% of the time, someone telling you your skin is bad is not trying to hurt your feelings. BELIEVE ME, if it's that bad you'll realize it later.

4. I'm asking you guys to just put a little more thought into things before posting them. I'm NOT trying to scare you out of skinning. I'm trying to scare you out of premature conclusions.

Thank you for your time.

- Sersh
PGG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: I give up

Post by PGG »

You speak as if there is a skinning community here. Sadly, even when someone does try to point someone in the right direction, they either get all pissy about it or... no, actually, that's all that seems to be happening.
Pardon my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.
DJ Wings
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by DJ Wings »

PGG wrote:You speak as if there is a skinning community here. Sadly, even when someone does try to point someone in the right direction, they either get all pissy about it or... no, actually, that's all that seems to be happening.

I'm making some variant of your signature my slogan from now on.
Never really gone, never really part of the game.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

Post a skin.
Sersh
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Sersh »

Let me find one of mine real quick from the old ptt, editing soon

[EDIT] Still trying to find how I can get to the old PTT skin libary, pretty sure I have a skin or two over there.

Alright, this is the only one I have in the archives that I could find.

Fish! Does your signature have any particular meaning? I thought the palindrome was something like, "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

It has secret meaning. Double secret.
Sersh
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Sersh »

You weren't planning on lanning any canals were you?
xKax0r

Post by xKax0r »

Wow, I have a feeling this was a tribute to me.

-Soap