DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

How to get GIMP- Mac

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

taty MDTKL

How to get GIMP- Mac

Post by taty MDTKL »

YoI've seen a few tankers talking about GIMP, so i'm gonna tell you how to get it. GIMP, run by X11* (see bottom) has many more features than photoshop!
GIMP NOW WORKS WITH LEOPARD AKA MAC OS 10.5.3. IT WORKS WITH LL WONDOWZE COMPUTERS AS WELL

:monkey: How to get this amazing editing program, just follow these easy steps: :monkey:

Install X11, on the install disc under 'Optoinal Installs.'

Ok, now you have X11 on you're computer. Next, you get the source code from http://www.gimp.org/macintosh
BUT, this will require you to compile it into a Gimp.app, with instructions here: http://www.wilber-loves-apple.org/topic.php?id=8
When you open the app, you'll get a X11 icon in the dock as well. IGNORE THIS! :!: X11 MUST BE RUNNING TO USE GIMP! PS it auto opens!:!:

Also, all of the key commands are control instead of command (the apple key).

You have succesfully mad a GIMP application, and now you're ready to SKIN!! :hello1: :cool: :trampoline:

(from top*)X11 stands for X Window System, version 11. This is the standard graphics display system in the unix world.
Last edited by taty MDTKL on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TMG Leader
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Re: How to get GIMP- Mac

Post by TMG Leader »

^one little thing, u dont have to have X11 running Gimp automatically activates X11 through apple script. :), yes i agree its better then photoshop
First to fall, last man standing.
Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Scyth »

Topic moved to Skinning forum as it has everything to do with graphics :)..

Photoshop CS3 is better though, due to its massive amount of functions it is harder to learn and therefor less interesting. Good luck!
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
Jacob the JESUSFREAK
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Jacob the JESUSFREAK »

once you use PS you wouldn't use gimp.

Gimp has a better price though. :thumbup:
taty MDTKL

Post by taty MDTKL »

yes, the price is better.

:oops: btw, i was comparing it to my *ancient* version of photoshop, Photoshop Elements 2.0..

TMG Leader wrote:^one little thing, u dont have to have X11 running Gimp automatically activates X11 through apple script. :), yes i agree its better then photoshop

yes, it does.
it auto-opens and hides when you open GIMP.

anyway... :rockon: