DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

What happened to the Skinning Challenge?

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

What happened to the Skinning Challenge?

Post by jedirieb »

I liked seeing those skins made by great skinners, and I was even thinking about joining in sometime (although I'd come nowhere close to winning). So, anyone starting it back up?
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

Good question. Is TMO MIA? Am I the only one that made a skin for the winter theme? :?
Cassie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cassie »

I made an enter aswell
drsawbones
Site Mechanic
Site Mechanic

from the archives...

Post by drsawbones »

The Challenge is to create a skin based on a the theme of Winter . All skinners will use the same theme. When you're done, you email your finished skin & all it's parts to the "referee". At the end of the time limit, the ref will post all the skins at the same time for voting. You may submit more than one entry. You may use any of the standard ThinkTanks tanks.

Please post below if you are interested in competing in this challenge.

Due Date: 1/24/2007 (an extra month due to the holidays!)
Skin Theme: Winter

Referee:
- Master TMO

Submission Rules:
0. Email your submission to PTT.Skin.Contest@gmail.com
1. Subject title on email must read, "Skin Challenge #6"
2. Email must include the name of your skin design.
3. Email must also include your PTT or TT name.
4. Must not have name on skin any where please.
5. Must include all the parts for the skin.(Parts to make or mod to be turned in : Tank,Brain,Brainjar,Brainglass & Tanktreads 01 thru 07)
6. Previews of your skin. Preview Rules:
- No more than 4 Previews, each numbered from 1 - 4
- Each preview limited to 512x512 in size
- Each preview may show only one view of your tank (no collages)
- No animations (unless the animation is used as part of the skin itself)
- Each preview may not include anything other than a view of the tank. No personal logos, names or descriptions of any kind.

Voting:
Each skin will be named by it's Tank skin name, given to it by the artist. The Referee will post the previews of each skin as provided by the artist, along with the name of the skin. The artist's name will be withheld. All votes will be collected in this thread. Each person will be allowed one vote - the Referee will ensure that no one uses aliases to place multiple votes. The Referee may not vote. The winner will be the creator of the skin that collected the most votes. In case of a tie, the Referee will cast the deciding vote. If the Referee is also a contestant, he may not cast a vote for his own entries (unless all tied entries are his creations)

Prize:
The Winner will get to choose the theme for the next Skin Challenge.

Those who have signed up:
- Master TMO
- proud_gaminggeek
- Yarkl
- cpt Rik
- ChoroinicIce
- Cassis
- You?

Link to Skin Challenge #1
Link to Skin Challenge #2
Link to Skin Challenge #3
Link to Skin Challenge #4
Link to Skin Challenge #5

I will have all entries posted on 1/25/07 and voting will begin immediately & Voting will end at 12am PST on 1/31/07!

[****copied from the ptt1 archives]

I think I will e-mail the addy above and see if I get a response. Perhaps under the circumstances, the deadline could be extended again so as to allow time for folks to set things up and create without anxieties.
DrSawbones™(UF)

fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

If TMO is truly MIA, I volunteer to referee. If this is okay with everyone, you can send submissions to birdidude@yahoo.com using the same rules as above, just change the month to Feburary. Sound good?
woo

Post by woo »

wooyah!, fishtank! You should make a Skinning Challenge thread. :thumbup: :headbang:
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

Well... Here was mine.

blitzer
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by blitzer »

I think a separate thread is in order, I myself, thought it was a neat idea :rockon:
LONEWOLF
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by LONEWOLF »

@ Fishtank
*cough cough* :lol:
Don't Tread On Me!!!
UAE Dragon

Post by UAE Dragon »

who will make the Skinning Challenge thread :?