DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Gold, Silver Bronze Tank

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Bentley
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Gold, Silver Bronze Tank

Post by Bentley »

i need help/tips/advice on how to make a gold, bronze and silver tank skin. I tried to view the 'how to simulate chrome' thread but the link is busted, since it goes to the PTT1 page.
Formerly Fuzzi-TS-
watching over you like big brother.......
Speedo
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Speedo »

well, i know how to make a tank more yellow or silver. just adjust the hue.

you have photoshop. take the original tank (the green one), and go image > adjustments > hue/saturation. just simply move the hue slider around until you get the color you want. for a silvery tank, reduce the saturation completely. then, if you want, i found that levels (image > adjustments > levels) should be adjusted to make it lighter.
Gimmie the scrum!
Bentley
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Bentley »

THX for the advice :rockon:
Formerly Fuzzi-TS-
watching over you like big brother.......
PGG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by PGG »

For making a realistic chrome feel in photoshop, first make a grey layer. Next, select the "dodge tool". Set the exposure to about 40%. Roughly outline the area you want "chromed" with a fair size brush. Just make sure it's bigger than 40 pixels. After you have something like a faded white, dodge the center of the outline, but make sure you do it slightly less than you did for the outline. Finally, make the brush size smaller; about 10 or 15 pixels should do. make a couple hectic strokes all going roughly the same way. Unselect the area, and go to the filters menu. Choose "Chrome" from the sketch rollout.
Once you have done this, make a new layer. Click on the small circle in the layer panel that is half white, half black. Choose "Hue and Saturation". This will bring up a panel with a couple different options. Click the "Colorize" button. Move the Hue, Saturation, and lightness around to get your colors. The default grey will work for silver, but finding the peticular colors you want will be a little more tricky. This is what i came up with in my example:
Pardon my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.