DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

SL33K

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Rooster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rooster »

LOL Sersh
Hey I was thinking....what if I copied Soapies Avatar and submitted
it to KillinBrainCells as his portrait
Seems so......ah.......fitting
Cassie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cassie »

@ Sersh: I (again) totally adore the skin, however I'd like to see a version without the chrome edges. That would (at least for me), be heaven!
PGG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by PGG »

S'ok. Now do the chrome effect w/o using filters :razz: It is bad I know exactly how you did that skin?

1) Gray fill on all the shapes
2) Applied Chrome Layer style (looks like "shiny")
3) Used the circular brush in the nromal brush pallet to add detail
4) Decided you needed color, so you made a new layer and added the transparent blue
5) Made a noise over the whole thing, and mostion blurred it.

Now, let me guide you through my steps for making metal:

Select the burn tool (looks like a almost open hand)
1) Make a simple elipse. Just one stroke
2) Darken the bottom portion so that it looks like a half circle. Make sure it is not too drastic. Use different strokes and sizes of the burn tool
3) Now take the dodge tool (looks like a ball with a line coming out)
4) Fill in the area you left blank inside the circle
5) Make an small area a little bit whiter than the rest
6) Put one swipe around the bottom darker side to put the reverse light in.
By now, you should see what looks rather like a large bump. To add the final touch, take the sharpen tool and put a couple passes over, just enough to pixelate it slightly. And now you have a nice metal bump! Hooray metal bumps!

Also, don't feel bad about using filters. How do you think I did Most of my skins. Using the brun tool is much better than using the brushes for realism. mess around!
Pardon my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.
Sersh
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Sersh »

Right on the money, kind of pathetic right? I really barely did anything to make a decent skin, just because of the program I use.

In a very large way, the program you use (In my case Adobe ImageReady which is basically PhotoShop) decides how good your skin looks, or atleast how easily you can make a skin look. Argue all you want, there are just some things you can and can't do in different programs. I guess you'd call my family "fortunate", for, we aren't exactly low on money.

Money = Good Skinning? Doesn't sound right, but if you think about it, it does change alot.

-Sersh
Yarkl
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Yarkl »

I'd say your final update is perfect Sersh!