DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Modern Skin Viewer

Share or download skins here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Master TMO
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Modern Skin Viewer

Post by Master TMO »

Howdy folks! Question for you: I'm playing another game that uses GarageGames as the 3D engine, and am thinking about doing some skinning for it. But I can't find a working viewer that lets me view the skins neatly. Jaq Jr's download spins for a few seconds and then shuts down. It's an older game (Dark Wind, created around 2008), and the community as a whole is pretty small, and only a few folks doing skins. For the most part I think everyone just takes the existing skins and paints over them. I'd kind of like to create a template library like what we had here in TT that shows the 3D model outlines. I tried the demo version of Ultimate Unwrap3D, but it apparently doesn't support that version of DTS file. Not that I really want to spend $50-60 just to view skins. ;)

If it's something that'd float anyone's boat, it's a Car Wars-like turn-based autodueling game. Turn-based allows you to control a fleet of cars all at once. www.dark-wind.com

Master TMO
Master TMO
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Modern Skin Viewer

Post by Master TMO »

Hmm.. Tried Milkshape - it just spun and closed also. Maybe something with this machine. Dunno. *shrug*
HolyMaster
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Modern Skin Viewer

Post by HolyMaster »

Nope, those are all good DTS viewers. The problem you have here is that these .dts files are protected. Even the .diff and .ogg files are protected the same way. OGG is a sound file, so it should play, right? Nope. The bits have been swizzled to protect the content.

So, before you can view them, you have to "unswizzle" them. Then, they should load into any DTS viewer. But, don't ask me how.