DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Slowly finding a work around

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

SPEEDRACER
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Slowly finding a work around

Post by SPEEDRACER »

I have been messing with the game mods (no wizard). Jut the old school trial and error changes to the maps.

Windows 7 will not allow a direct change and save to the game folders...

no problem, I put a new folder in the area I wanted and copied and pasted the files I want to change into it (original files to protect in case I screw up).

Then I copied and pasted a file I want to change to my desk top. I make the modifications and then copy it and paste it back into the file it normally lives in.

Then I can test the new modification with no issues, other then the slow pace of making more changes to achieve what I want.

Those of you with windows 7 who are having issues please test my method to see if it can be replicated.

Thanks
[b]GO SPEEDRACER!!![/b]
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Slowly finding a work around

Post by Jerry »

I've had some luck doing it this way. Like ya said though, its slow. I've even went as far as installing Windows Virtual PC. I haven't had time yet to see how well it works. I've tried a different program and was a pain in the...... I think that there are permissions on 7 that can be changed that will make things simpler. I just haven't found them yet.

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
SPEEDRACER
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Slowly finding a work around

Post by SPEEDRACER »

Well I got my skin to work and now I am happy to show you all my MACH 5 for the light tank.

Yes, I am sure that the critique till decimate my little ego of creativity, but I can handle it.

By the way a tip of the hat to RetMixx for the blank skins, which made my job a ton easier.

[b]GO SPEEDRACER!!![/b]