DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

TUTORIAL: Installing TGE (PC) - by Trivox (UPDATED by Daz)

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Re: TUTORIAL: Installing TGE (PC) - by Trivox (UPDATED by Daz)

Post by Dazzle »

First off you need to understand that you need to use two things to make a map, 1 = TGE for making the terrain and placing objects and then once you have made the map 2 = Modwiz for placing spawn points arrows, pads, ammo gates and powerups.

See this thread from Triv who gives a good explanation on map making: http://forums.planetthinktanks2.com/Thi ... f=4&t=5361

And also this one from Rooster: http://forums.planetthinktanks2.com/Thi ... f=4&t=4267

To place shapes in TGE, go to the window menu on the top bar and select World Editor Creator or press F4

In the box that appears in the lower right of the screen click the + next to static shapes
next click the +game (NEVER CLICK DEMO!!!)
then +data
then +shapes - you are now in the shapes folder select and place shapes, rocks, trees etc from here

To rotate shapes hold ALT while pulling on the xyz axis of a shape.

Also download and read the TGE user guide, only takes about 45 mins and worth every minute, download here: http://www.box.net/shared/static/lr3yo4hzfc.zip
Phoenix
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Phoenix »

the problem ive got is that on my current map the tank spawns UNDER the terrain and keeps falling xD

hence why i need a spawn point to start with :P
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Never seen that one before, if you send me your mission and terrain file I will look at it for you.
rOOts
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by rOOts »

I got a problem i copy / paste my new maps made into my TT folder then i rename the other one as TT1_22 then i started to join it but it says you do not have then correct version of TGE can some1 help me
Think Tanks Player
ThinkTanks ROCKS!
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Your server copy and your playing copy don't match... figure out which one is wrong, throw it out, replace it with the right one, then try again.