DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Map editor

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

Map editor

Post by Guest »

OK, here is my question:

Is there a EASY map editor for non-Programmers? I mean a editor without codes and stuff. Just like opening a programm and build a completely new map. For instance, an editor in trackmania-style. Just place things, without codes.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Map editor

Post by LGM »

No, there's not an EASY one...

One way to move objects around and replace them is with ModWiz. Check around in the modding section for that. There's a link to ModWiz in my archive (see my sig)

The other way is to make terrains in Torque Game Engine. Most of us use a demo version and work around it to make terrain, then add objects later with ModWiz.

It's a process that takes some effort to get going.

Post by Guest »

Is there anyone who could make an easy map editor? That would be really cool, because I dont understand all these strange codes and files and stuff. I just want to make some maps.
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

You remind me just like I felt when I first learned I could make my own maps. The thing is... If it was Sooo easy everyone would make maps.. I don't mean to discourage you but it takes some time to learn how to do it and you have to be willing enough to do it. I know it took me 2 years before I could get TGE for me up and running. But I'm sure you will have a much easier time because my computer was just stupid. Just take it slow and look at all the Tutorials at the top of the Modding page. Goodluck and I hope you have fun!

Out,
00E
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter

Post by Guest »

But it wouldn´t be a problem if everyone would make maps. I think it´s just stupid to need two programmes for one thing. But thats just what I think and I have to subordinate myself under bigger Brains.
Thats not cool, but this is the life. :(
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

Hey... Sounds like you have a better vocab than me. Haha good luck!
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter

Post by Guest »

Hahahahaha! :tankerdown:

Maybe your english is better than mine, but learn german and do it better! :tankermad1:
I didnt write this thread to check my english and if i want comments to vocabs or grammar I´m going to tell you.