DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

ACAS: Missing Restart

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: ACAS: Missing Restart

Post by Triv »

Thanks, I got the restart working. But something was wrong with listban-unban. It wouldn't even generate a dso file of it when launching game.

Hmm, Artcrazy the three teams script could be interesting for TS. Would be interesting to see how the game strategy would have to adopt to having two opponent teams. If it pretty much working thing. Could you post it. Would be nice to give it a try.

Oh, I was thinking yesterday it would be beneficial if the pref network limits could be raised higher. Do you think it could be possible? I am talking of $pref::Net values. It seems that the game automatically places the values back into 32(client), 32(server) and 450(packedsize) if risen higher than those values. Do you think you could create a new script for those which would rise the limits to more reasonable when loading e.g. a new map?
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Triv »

What's wrong with this? I tried to make a preload msg. But something is wrong.

Code: Select all

$ACAS::CodesFolder::Function[0] = "PreloadName";
$ACAS::CodesFolder::Shortcut[0] = "/preload";
$ACAS::CodesFolder::Description[0] = "Preload Msg to Loader
$ACAS::CodesFolder::GuiArgs[0] = "DONOTINCLUDE";

function PreloadName(%sender,%msg)
{
  %match = matchClientName(%msg);
  %client = firstword(%match);
  %status_message = restwords(%match);
  if(%client == -1)
  {
     bottomprint(%sender,%status_message,4,4);
     return;
  }
  if(isObject(%client.ai))
  {
    centerprint(%sender,"You cannot give preload link to Bots",4,4);
    return;
  }
  centerprintall(%client.namebase SPC $ACAS::Messages::OnPreloadToAll,4,4);
  %client.delete($ACAS::Messages::OnPreloadToPlayer);
}
and in prefsmessages I added these

$ACAS::Messages::OnPreloadToAll = "has been told to Preload";
$ACAS::Messages::OnPreloadToPlayer = "Please predownload the neccesary files @ http://www.planetthinktanks2.com";
If some knows how to make the download link interactive that it can be clicked and it will open up planetthinktanks2.com that would be cool. Perhaps in Free subforum if possible.
TMG Leader
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by TMG Leader »

Triv wrote:Thanks, I got the restart working. But something was wrong with listban-unban. It wouldn't even generate a dso file of it when launching game.
Meant to post this, there was a typo.

$ACAS::CodesFolder::GuiArgs[1] = "EnterTermSpace:Enter the Name of the player that should be unbanned.";;
Remove one of the ";" and it'll work, two ";" causes a syntax error.

EDIT:
Art Crazy wrote: If some knows how to make the download link interactive that it can be clicked and it will open up planetthinktanks2.com that would be cool. Perhaps in Free subforum if possible.
I found this in the MarbleBlastGold (Yes, Torque) source .cs's.

case 9:
         %text = "<font:Expo:50><color:000000><just:center>About GarageGames<font:DomCasualD:32><just:left>\n\n" @
"<a:www.garagegames.com>GarageGames</a>";
This code was used in the help gui, the only place in the game that has links, hopefully you can get something out of this.

Code thing is not working for me -_-

EDIT- you need to use [code] and 
for tags... not <code> and </code>[/code] ...LGM
First to fall, last man standing.
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Triv »

Thanks it seems to work now. Not sure does it work flawlessly as I was the only tester.
ArtCrazy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by ArtCrazy »

Right, had that small mistake. If it works for one person it should work for everyone, since a very similar code is used in the ACAS_CTF script.

As for your pre-load command, you made a typo too:

$ACAS::CodesFolder::Description[0] = "Preload Msg to Loader
should be

$ACAS::CodesFolder::Description[0] = "Preload Msg to Loader";
I've attached the 3-team script. It seems to work, never did much testing tough. It includes an automatic team distributor (it'll always try to have the same number of players on all teams).
Test it out.

As for the

tags, there's currently a bug in the forum that when you edit the post, it turns them all into <code> which don't work... Tell that to Dr. Sawbones.
Attachments
MultipleTeams.zip
Shows the red team's score in the score UI
(933 Bytes) Downloaded 348 times