DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Port Forwarding

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Port Forwarding

Post by eR!c »

Ok I know I have been posting a lot of simple things that I can't figure out but this one is a little weird.

I am trying to forward my ports and I went to my routers website thing. Clicked port forwarding. Clicked add custom service. Created one named Think Tanks. Set it as UDP. Made it start at port 28000 and end at port 28010. Pressed apply. And after all this no one can see my server. I don't know if I did something wrong but I don't think I did. By the way, any mac users, what is the easiest way to figure out what your IP address is?
-eR!c
Image Image
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Port Forwarding

Post by LGM »

Easy way to find your IP is here:

http://www.whatismyip.com/

or, get iStat Pro. It's a Dashboard widget that can show you all kinds of geeky things about your computer.
http://www.islayer.com/apps/istatpro/

As far as the port forwarding thing, it sounds like you did the right thing. Did you try looking at portforward.com for directions for your specific router?
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

I actually did look at portforward.com but it told me exactly what I did by myself and I am little confused on why my server won't show up.

By the way, LGM, thanks for helping me out with these little questions I've been having. It's helped a lot. :tankerhappy1: :thumbup: :rockon:
-eR!c
Image Image
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Blind Cide »

Are you launching a dedicated server, or the in-game server?
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

I have tried launching both and people have said they can't see either of them. I am a little confused on why that is happening.
-eR!c
Image Image
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

When you set your port forwarding, did you put in the right IP for the machine you are running the server on?
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

Well...... Thats what I am unsure about. I am not actually at my house at the moment so I wont be able to check what my IP is. I will use that website that you posted top figure out what it is and then I will get back to you in this topic. I will be home today I think.
-eR!c
Image Image
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

When you check the IP, make sure you use the right one. If you use the public IP, it's not going to work. You need to use the IP that the router assigns the computer you are serving on.

To find it, go to your System Preferences, and select Network. Then double click on the connection type you're on (Ethernet, Airport, etc.) That will bring you to another pane that has a tab that says "TCP/IP". Click that tab, and you should see the IP your computer is assigned by the router.

Use that IP as the one you put in your port forwarding setup.

This computer might have a public IP of 25.18.85.123 (not really the IP) but the router assigns it 192.168.2.4

The difference is that ALL the computers connected to my router are sharing an IP like 25.18.85.123, but the router knows this one as 192.168.2.4
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

Ok when I get home today I will try that. I think I may have been using the IP address for my local connection or something like that. I hope this works.
-eR!c
Image Image
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

This is my routers port forwarding thing. I am 100% sure that that is the correct IP address. I got it from my network preferences and it was listed under IPv4. Is that the right one LGM? Also, could you tell me if anything else is wrong in this picture?
Attachments
Port.png
Port.png (54.77 KiB) Viewed 10035 times
-eR!c
Image Image