DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Port Forwarding

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Port Forwarding

Post by LGM »

That looks right to me. You might want to tick (check) the radio button on the left of the table...

Then apply the changes and fire up the server.

Does it work?
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

OK, so on the original PTT website the master server list says it is there but I don't know if other people can see it? I'm going to leave it up all the time so if you go on TT can you look for it? It is called Server Test (Public).

EDIT: I changed the name to eR!c's Team Scrum. Also I created a separate mission folder and renamed the original mission folder. I then moved only the missions I wanted from the original mission folder to the new mission folder. However, when I checked on the master server, my server was there, but It didn't say the map, platform or ping. Why??
-eR!c
Image Image
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

I'd put all the missions back where they were first. You probably had the server loading nothing, so it didn't work right. Don't move files around, or the game won't be able to find what it's looking for in the exact place it looks for them in. You'd have to do some serious scripting to aim it at the right place as far as I know.

If you want to run a select set of maps, you'll need to use a mission loader. I use dash codes and Warfare's mission loader on my server. I believe ACAS has a mission loader built in, too. (Art Crazy's Admin Script)

I just looked for your server, but don't see it. However, it is 10 PM here on the West Coast. Maybe you shut it down.
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Blind Cide »

eR!c wrote:when I checked on the master server, my server was there, but It didn't say the map, platform or ping. Why??
For every ".mis" file in your mission folder, there needs to be a corresponding ".ter" file. If you open a .mis file, somewhere in there it specifies the .ter file that it expects to find in your mission folder. That .ter file name has to be spelled exactly as specified in the .mis file.
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

Ok I see. I actually have been successful in having other people join my server!! But I still have one more question. LGM, when I am using Warfare's mission loader, I extract it in contents, resources, game, server, scripts. Then I edit it to my liking and copy and paste that little command line to the bottom of my main.cs. However, when I launch the dedicated server, what do I have to do differently in order for the mission loader to work, and load the maps I edited it to do?
-eR!c
Image Image
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

OK... with Warfare's mission loader you have to do a little edit to your main.cs

First, find this in the main.cs:

Code: Select all

// Parse the command line arguments
echo("--------- Parsing Arguments ---------");
parseArgs();
Right after that, insert this:

// -----Begin Warfare's Mission Loader Hijack
$HijackedMissionloader_random = 1; //1 for random
$HijackedMissionloader_active = 1; //1 for active
if($HijackedMissionloader_active && $Server::Dedicated)
{
 echo("--------- Initializing MOD: Hijacked Mission Loader ---------");
 exec("game/server/scripts/missionloader/load.cs");
}
// -----End Warfare's Mission Loader Hijack
When you're done, you should have this:

// Parse the command line arguments
echo("--------- Parsing Arguments ---------");
parseArgs();

// -----Begin Warfare's Mission Loader Hijack
$HijackedMissionloader_random = 1; //1 for random
$HijackedMissionloader_active = 1; //1 for active
if($HijackedMissionloader_active && $Server::Dedicated)
{
 echo("--------- Initializing MOD: Hijacked Mission Loader ---------");
 exec("game/server/scripts/missionloader/load.cs");
}
// -----End Warfare's Mission Loader Hijack
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

Ok but just one last thing..... should my terminal command still look like this?

/Users/Eric/Applications/Backup/ThinkTanks/ThinkTanks.app/Contents/MacOS/ThinkTanks\ OSX -dedicated -mission ALL -game TS
-eR!c
Image Image
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

If that path is correct, I think so...

/Applications/ThinkTanks/ThinkTanks.app/Contents/MacOS/ThinkTanks\ OSX -dedicated -mission GREEN -game S
This works for the default location, with lush maps and indy scrum.

/Users/Eric/Applications/Backup/ThinkTanks/ThinkTanks.app/Contents/MacOS/ThinkTanks\ OSX -dedicated -mission ALL -game TS
Yours looks like you're using a backup folder for serving TT... and the game is going to play all missions as team scrum. I can see your server in my monitor widget right now. I'll pop in. :thumbup:
eR!c
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by eR!c »

I know but I have all the mission loader stuff in and it is still only playing the default maps like TT1_1, etc. I want the mission loader to play the mods that I selected.
-eR!c
Image Image
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Check your PMs... I sent some help with the main.cs and the mission loader.

I hope you unzipped the file you downloaded. Make sure you put all the pieces in the right place, too.