DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Idea: Script to help getting out of stuckness?

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Idea: Script to help getting out of stuckness?

Post by Triv »

I think that this idea of script could be very likely possible to make and it would be great add-on when encountering problems with objects.

Let's pretend you have gotten stuck to some formation of rocks and can't move any direction.... so you're on mercy of someone coming to shoot you.

What if you could now press a key to activate a script which would ask you to try move all four directions. If you happen be able to move some direction the script would shut down... and wait to to be reactivated when needed again. After you have pressed all the driving keys and haven't budged any direction it would allow you to press the key 2nd time for suicide.

The 1st phase of checking out if you can actually move is for controlling that it can't be abused as re-spawner. Yes I can see that someone could intentionally try to get themselves stuck and then get respawn but I think even if they find some place to do that... it would be likely as fast just drive off the map to respawn.

What you think? Good idea for script?
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Idea: Script to help getting out of stuckness?

Post by 00E »

I think it'd be a good idea, I know that on racing games when you get out of the race there is a button you can push to get right back on track... The only problem I see, is people abusing it... For instance if a person is smoking they can press the button and they can get to a different location quickly... I'm sure though with all of these smart people are community has we'd be able to place the script only on the objects so only if you got stuck you could get out... But overall I like the idea, I know it can be very annoying getting stuck in the rocks, especially in Scrum... Great Idea!

~00E
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Triv »

There probably should be also a check for if other tank is touching you. Ie blocking your movement and then being able to respawn.
Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Taylor »

^^ That wouldn't work, because remember, they have to press all the movement keys.

Pretty good idea, Triv!
I signed up on New Years!
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

^^ That wouldn't work, because remember, they have to press all the movement keys.
You don't have to use the movement keys to get out of the rocks it could be $ for all we know...
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter
Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Taylor »

Hang on, I think I was confused, sorry.
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member
TheBMTBaron
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by TheBMTBaron »

Its a good idea, but It seems a little too complicated.
How about teleporting instead of dying? You get teleported to random spot (the spawn points, so it is as random as dying.) This would eliminate the problem of someone using it for freshies because when you teleport, you dont heal. You type a code (which would probably mean this script is server sided, not client sided.) when your stuck and you pop up somewhere else. To avoid someone from using this many times so that they can just pop up somewhere else so they are closer to the scrum or goal or to avoid fire, you could have it so it as a flood protection. You can do it once per min, just like the flood protection.

I tried basing this idea off of previously made scripts so I believe this would be possible to make.
Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Taylor »

TheBMTBaron wrote:To avoid someone from using this many times so that they can just pop up somewhere else so they are closer to the scrum or goal or to avoid fire, you could have it so it as a flood protection.
But they'd have to get stuck each time, right?
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member