DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Default proj and blowing up

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

TheBMTBaron
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Default proj and blowing up

Post by TheBMTBaron »

I have a question about two things.

First of all, I have this new projectile. It is in the form of a snowball and explodes like a snowball. I only want this for a couple of my wintermaps as a default projectile. Now, I know you have to do this in the .mis, but its not working. This is what I have in it:

Code: Select all

//--- OBJECT WRITE END ---

Lighttank.defaultprojectile = "snowballprojectile";
Mediumtank.defaultprojectile = "snowballprojectile";
Heavytank.defaultprojectile = "snowballprojectile";
What am I doing wrong? Its not working.

Secondly, for my new mods (Will be a series of maps that will be where you perform missions), I want to have something that will blow up. I just want some advice before I do this, but will this work:
What if I use an object such as a tree and I put it in my tankdb.cs and put into a tank. (pretty much, make a tank but it will be a tree). This new tank, or tree, wont move, shoot or anything. Do I need to make the tree a brainjar? Such as, I use a puck as the tank and a tree as the brainjar? After this, I want to make it so it will explode (I know how to make it smoke and all that and have the actual explosion). I dont want the tree to just take off though and fly away. Is there a way to make the brainjar stay on the tank? (So it will look like the tree falls over?)

Thats all I need to know for now, if someone can please answer, it would be great.

Thanks,
ultimatedood
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Default proj and blowing up

Post by ultimatedood »

I don't know about your tree tank, but I've also encountered problems with vars in the mission file. Make sure the capitalization is correct, I'm not sure, maybe defaultProjectile, etc.
ThinkTanks 2 -- Concept Idea / Community Project
Proud ThinkTanks player since Thursday, July 6, 2006, 1:42 pm.