DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

I need help...

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

crimsonlead
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

I need help...

Post by crimsonlead »

Several years back.... 4 or 5, i used to play think tanks quite alot... i got into modding and everything, and i dont know why i stopped 8probably this game called monster hunter....) but i stopped =/

and forgot EVERYTHING.....

and now my principal at school (mind me, he is INCREDIBLY ignorant when it comes to anything besides maths...) wants me to start this "game club" where we would "make games" =/

i ask around and it looks liek alot of the younger students at the school may be interested, and i though perhaps modding TT would be a good place to start

ive been going round gathering info bout it, but everything is lacking the basics... which i need.
well.... almost the complete basics....

For anybody who cant be bothered reading everything below, heres a less courteous list of what i need ...
- How to change the physics tanks
- How to (if possible) make teh tank physics for one team and the other different
- How to (again if possible) to make the skin of the tanks diff. for each team
- How to launch dedicated servers
- Either Dash codes or Art Crazy's.... or both, and Mod Wizard (along with an explanation of how to install them)

And if you want to be reading a little more polite (and hard to understand.... since its quite an unorganized mess....) version of me asking :razz:

modding the maps, music, images and all that im fine with... but i havent been able to get mod wiz or dash codes to get working properly =/

The dash codes, they seem to be running, since when i login as admin it gives me that message saying admin authenticated or whatver, but none of the other codes work. If i type soemthing in taht isnt a code tho it does give me a message sayign it wasnt a code...

it could be cuz it wasnt from the official site, and the files were modified, or do i need to be running a whats it called server? ...ah... yeah, dedicated...

cuz i also need enlightenment on how to launch dedicated servers =P

and mod wizard, is not working at all.

Also, how did i change the physics for the tanks?

and i it possible to make the tank physics for one team and the other different?

the skin too? different for each team?

And if anybody could provide a link to a working / the most recent dash codes and mod wiz..... and since the links on their websites dont work, and most other sites just link to those dl links.... if you could just re-upload them on to rapid share or mega upload =P

Any help will be MUCH appreciated :monkey:
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I need help...

Post by LGM »

It's all in here...

If you start with the dedicated server, I think the problem with dash's codes will be fixed. Here's an old tutorial from PTT's archive:

http://supra.planetthinktanks2.com/arch ... cated.html

I tried to find a newer one, but didn't have much luck.

Then, you can move on to making your own maps with TGE and Modwiz...

First, setting up TGE-
http://planetthinktanks2.com/forums/Thi ... ?f=4&t=680 <-- PC
http://planetthinktanks2.com/forums/Thi ... f=4&t=4205 <--- Mac

Then, making a map...
http://planetthinktanks2.com/forums/Thi ... f=4&t=5361

Nose around in the Modding Forum... lots of info there. Good luck!
Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Taylor »

I'm no expert, but isn't it possible his dash file is messed up? i had full codes for a short period of time and my server was not dedicated.
I signed up on New Years!
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

I've never had mine get messed up... but I suppose it's possible.

There is a copy of Dash codes and Modwiz in my archive... the link's in my signature. You can always remove it and reinstall.

Post by Guest »

Hello im an new user,

I tried to follow the instructions on warfare's modwiz readme, but it wasn't that much simple. :cry:

Thanks,
mindows 89 :thumbup:
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

First, are you a Mac or a PC?
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter

Post by Guest »

Im using a pc windows xp sp3.
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

Might want to contact a PC user...

@LGM is Dazz a PCer?

@mindows I don't know much about PC's Im a Mac and LGM is also a Mac but I'm sure he knows a bit more than I do about PC... Try Dazz...
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter

Post by Guest »

okay, but thanks anyway.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Yeh... Dazzle's a PC guy for sure.