DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Can the firing tube be deleted?

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Can the firing tube be deleted?

Post by TrouserChili »

By firing tube I'm referring to the concentric circles between the reticle and the reticle spot. I have a minor vision problem that frequently assists me in losing the reticle spot within the circles thus creating opportunities for smoking tanks to drive farther than they should.

I have already modified the reticle, reticle spot and bullets.

Thanks
What is Scrum???
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Re: Can the firing tube be deleted?

Post by Dazzle »

So if I am understanding correctly you just want the reticle spot and nothing else correct? you cannot remove just one of the rings you can only remove them all or have them all displaying. If you want them all gone so you just have the reticle spot do the following.

In the same folder as the reticle spot you will also find the .png bitmap files for the default reticle, speedy reticle, bounce back reticle and area effect reticle. Back these files up just in case you need them later and replace them with blank .png files that are the same size (32x32 pixels). The easiest way to do this is to copy and paste one of the original reticles an open it with photo shop or a similar program, you raise the contents of the bitmap and then save as a blank .png file.

After writing that I decided to do it for you, download the Blank reticle bitmap attached to this post and copy it four times, then rename them as follows:

reticle
BounceReticle
SpeedyReticle
SplashReticle

Once you have renamed the four files copy and paste them into the tanks folder which is located on the following path: game/data/shapes/tanks replacing the existing files, once again I remind you to back up the existing reticles just in case you want to reinstall them at a later date.
Attachments
Blank reticle.png
Blank reticle.png (2.77 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TrouserChili »

thanks
as with all of your info on here it worked perfectly.

now one more question:

since everything else is gone can the reticlespot be made larger?
What is Scrum???
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Excellent I am glad it worked for you :monkey:

I have never the spot bigger so am not really sure, however make a new spot using photo shop or something similar and give it a go - just remember to keep the size at 32x32 pixels and saved your finished spot as a .png fil. You can use the blank template attached above as the base and draw a spot on it. Please post about your results I will be interested to find out.
TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TrouserChili »

i couldn't make the reticle spot any bigger. it will take someone more tech savvy than i.
thanks for the help
What is Scrum???