DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Problem with Wingman's script

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Problem with Wingman's script

Post by jedirieb »

First off, I'm not sure whether this should be here or in the Help Forum. Anyways...

I was redoing my hotkeys list, since I reinstalled TT about six weeks ago and had downloaded Daz's all-in-one pack. Well, I like the hotkeys "g" for gg and "t" for ty. However, they didn't work, and I found that it was the Tank Change script in Wingman's script that is giving me problems.

So, my question is as follows: Is there any way to change the Tank Change scripts' hotkeys from "t" and "g" to something else, say "1" and "2"? If not, is there any way to disable the tank changing script while leaving the fps and game time?

Oh, and if it requires a lot of work to do either of those, just say so and don't worry about it.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
TYF
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Problem with Wingman's script

Post by TYF »

Do you have the mod wizard installed, too?
ImageImage
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

Without the .cs files I don't believe there is any way to change those hotkeys or disable part of the script. There is a separate "time remaining" script you can download from the downloads thread. I'm sure someone can write a script to show fps. Most likely AC can whip one out. I'm hoping he writes the "ping limiter" script I talked about. Maybe a stand alone fps like Fraps http://www.fraps.com/download.php but its not so convenient.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

^ I thought as much, but I wonder if there isn't a way to modify the loader.cs handle the problem. If it can turn on and off the game time and fps counters, could a line or two of code be added to change the hotkeys used for the tank changer?

Thanks for the info about the time remaining and fps. I'll look into them if nothing else comes of this. :)

^^ I don't think it would change anything, but I don't have modwizard installed.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Time remaining script... it's the one I put in the mac version of Dazzle's pack. I don't think it's mac only.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.ph ... 96721&da=y

Also, I killed the tank change script in Wingman's by putting // in front of the exec line

it's in game/data/client/scripts/wingman

Down at the bottom of the loader.cs mine has this last line

Code: Select all

//exec("./tankchange.cs");
I push "t" to get the time remaining
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

@ CB
What is the ping limiter script you want? I am not sure if you remember but Canned Splam wrote a ping limit script that worked pretty well, if you want a copy let me know.

@ TYF
Modwiz has nothing to do with this subject

@ Jedi

In the instructions that come with my upgrade pack is the following text regarding the wingman script

I also think I can change the key binds by manually editing the .dso - I have never tried this but if you want to test it let me know what you want it changed to and we can see if my theory works.
****** Wingman Script *******

The legendary Wingman Script, by Wingman is executed from the main.cs that is included within this upgrade pack.

This script does three things

1. It shows your frames per second in the top right corner of the screen, the higher the number the better.

2. It shows the time remaining in the game. For some reason on some machines sometimes this does not work and may just read 0.00 - we don’t know why.

3. Wingman script is also a tank/team changer, however I have disabled this function as it is not really needed and can sometimes be a little annoying. If you want to enable this function go to the wingman folder in game/client/wingman and locate the loader.cs. Open this file with notepad or any other text editor and find the following line:

Remove the // so it now reads:

exec("./tankchange.cs");

Next save the loader.cs and then locate the loader.cs.dso file in the same wingman folder and delete it.

This will enable the tank/team changer function.

Follow the instructions below to use the tank and team changer in game:

When you are in a game there are 2 keybinds for tank/team Change:

T = Cycles through tanks and teams. Select which tank you want and which team you want before pressing the quickdrop key.

G = This is the quickdrop key will drop you and reconnect you to the same server you were playing on, with the tank and team selections that you made above.
So check the loader.cs to see if the tank change is disabled with the // before the exec line. this is what my loader.cs looks like, not you can also turn on or off the time and fps huds - REMEMBER TO DELETE THE LOADER.CS.DSO for any changes you make to take effect then restart your game.

Code: Select all

// ------------------
// Scripts by Wingman
// ------------------
// --------------------------------------------
// This file simply loads my scripts and allows
// users to set some preferences for my scripts.
// --------------------------------------------

// EDIT PREFS HERE

// Turn FPS HUD ON ? (true = yes; false = no)
$Show::FpsHud = true;

// TURN GAMETIME HUD ON ? (true = yes; false = no)
$Show::GameTime = true;

// DONT CHANGE ANY CODE BELOW!!!

if($Server::Dedicated)
  return;

if($Show::FpsHud)
  exec("./fpshud.cs");

if($Show::GameTime)
  exec("./gametime.cs");

CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

@ Daz, I was looking to set a ping limit in my server to say 400. The thing is I'm also going to need to add an exemptions.cs to allow those higher pings or TT friends that don't drag down the server. You can send me the one from CS thou.
Thanks.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

That is exactly what his scripts does if i recall correctly. You can set a max ping level for the server, plus there are a number of other options in the prefs as well. There is also and exempt list as well (PingIgnoreList).

It on your email now.

:thumbup:
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

Very informative post Daz. I never changed anything from the loader.cs, and the tank change was automatically on. As I open it now, the double slash is in front of the string of code. In other words, the following is directly from my loader.cs, and the tank change is still on: //exec("./tankchange.cs");

To digress shortly, I'm thinking this problem may be caused by the fact that I'm running Windows 7 (RC), because I've also noticed that .cs.dso files do not work properly. To specify, they don't replace when you delete them and start up the game (or in the case of the main.cs.dso, when you can't start the game). However, the changes sometimes take place without deleting the .cs.dso, and sometimes I have to play around with it. (For example, when editing the main.cs, the changes automatically come in, but when editing IP Joiner, I had to reinstall IP Joiner and download the updated preferences list.)

Anyways, back to the tank changer.. perhaps you could change the hotkeys from "t" and "g" to "numpad9" and "numpad6", respectively. Thanks for offering your help. :)
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

The only lines in the tankchange.cs.dso file that are not encrypted enough and show's hotkey "g" for toggling between tanks and teams. I don't see the "T".
Press 'G' to quick change tank-n-team.

Red still sucks!