DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

TGE Objects Problem

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

TGE Objects Problem

Post by 00E »

I have a big problem... I use the TGE to make maps and I have all my objects placed trees, rocks, etc... when I extract the saved mission from the TGE missions folder and put it in my Think Tanks Missions folder I rename it TT1_5.mis and TT1_5.ter I change the .ter file thing from the name of my saved mission on the TGE to TT1_5.ter So when I go to open up my server I get there, and there is a terrain and all, but no objects! I can copy all of the useful info and then copy the TTStatic code from the Think Tanks Objects Code but that takes like five minutes for each object and I have like 100 objects! There has to be a much easier way to do this cause when I hear you guys talk about it you don't have to do that... Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the help!

Thanks,
00E
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter
*Stiffler

Re: TGE Objects Problem

Post by *Stiffler »

(correct me if i am wrong people) right click on that bat file for that misson and edit it using notepad and the very end type -log then save it run the bat file and it should put all the data from your bat onto a word sorce for example notepad copy the info and paste it here so we can look at it.
Metal
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Metal »

Probably the path ain't right, make sure... the path of your TT folder objects path is same like in TGE...
like this : "game/data/objects" or whatever it's called... Also when you install tge the path is "demo/data/objects" or something, just rename it... Hope That Helps...
And Dazz Said - "pls post all things releated to modding in the modding forum" :razz:

-Metal
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Its a simple answer DO NOT CALL YOU MISSIONS TT1_5

Missions can be called anything you want, they dont have to start with TT_ etc etc. Just make sure that the terrain file is correctly named in the mission, if you do this in TGE its automatic. In TGE save you map as a name like GrassyHills or somethiing or what ever you want, then copy the GrassyHills mission and the GrassyHills terrain to the TT missions folder. Go to your dedicated folder and create a batch file for that particular mission.

Your batch should look like this

Code: Select all

cd .. 
ThinkTanks -dedicated -mission game/data/missions/GrassyHills.mis -game TB -log 1 
Stiffler was nearly right, but as always not quite!! grrrrr you can add this to the batch file (-log 1) it will create a notepad file in the main thinktanks folder which shows us the dedicated consul, you can post this file here and then we can look for errors. If you want to to this you batch file will look like this

Code: Select all

cd .. 
ThinkTanks -dedicated -mission game/data/missions/GrassyHills.mis -game TB -log 1 
Remember to remove the -log 1 when you have finished as this slows down the server.

It might also help if you posted the mission file here so we can look.

I am moving this to the modding forums.
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

Where's The Dedicated Folder?
TT2 Supporter
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

:slapme:

I wish you guys would do some reading all this info has been posted a million times!!

If you are on a mac i cant help you, but I am sure a mac user will pop up here and help.

If you are on windows the dedicated folder is in the main thinktanks folder c/program files/bravetree or shockwave/thinktanks/dedicated
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

I'm A Mac User
TT2 Supporter
*Stiffler

Post by *Stiffler »