DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Fog Shot

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Moderator, Admin

_Anonymous_
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Fog Shot

Post by _Anonymous_ »

Does anyone know how to make a fog shot? Simon had a server with a good example of it.
Thanks,
Anonymous
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
- Quentin Crisp
Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Fog Shot

Post by Taylor »

i wish Simon were back :(
I signed up on New Years!
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member
TheBMTBaron
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by TheBMTBaron »

Are you talking about Emitters where when you fire a weapon there will a be smoke trailing behind it? (Or it could also be where the weapon is so small and emitter is so big it covers most the screen which is a weapon in Simons Server...)To have that happen, you need Special.cs, a Weapon you made and a look at THIS THREAD.
Phoenix
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Phoenix »

actually i want a flamethrower weapon haha that shoots acid fog :P
is that possible?
like a emitter spray of fog when you fire?
TheBMTBaron
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by TheBMTBaron »

^ You mean that you shoot it and if your touched by the emitter, you get damage? If so then thats possible but its not exactly where you will be damaged when the emitter hits you. You could do a few things:

Make the object rather large and keep editing the emitter for it until the emitter is like a skin on the object, possibly making it invisible if you make the emitter solid enough.

Make the Object extremely small so you dont see it but make the area that is damaged larger, so it fits the size of the weapon with the emitter. (Probably the easiest)

I think the First thing I suggested you could do has some errors so Im sorry if thats false info but I am positive the 2nd on works.

Now for the Spray, the 2nd suggestion would fit that Very well. If I have some spare time, I can make the weapon if you'd like.

This answer may also work for Anonymous's question.
_Anonymous_
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by _Anonymous_ »

I've tried making an emitter that would do the job, but instead of a horizontal cloud, it is vertical. How can I fix that?
- Quentin Crisp
TheBMTBaron
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by TheBMTBaron »

What exacly do you mean? Do you mean that you want the emitter to come out of the sides of the projectile? Do you mean you want the Emitter to be Wider instead of Tall? Do you have a screenie or anything like that of it? =P
Phoenix
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Phoenix »

TheBMTBaron wrote:^ You mean that you shoot it and if your touched by the emitter, you get damage? If so then thats possible but its not exactly where you will be damaged when the emitter hits you. You could do a few things:

Make the object rather large and keep editing the emitter for it until the emitter is like a skin on the object, possibly making it invisible if you make the emitter solid enough.

Make the Object extremely small so you dont see it but make the area that is damaged larger, so it fits the size of the weapon with the emitter. (Probably the easiest)

I think the First thing I suggested you could do has some errors so Im sorry if thats false info but I am positive the 2nd on works.

Now for the Spray, the 2nd suggestion would fit that Very well. If I have some spare time, I can make the weapon if you'd like.

This answer may also work for Anonymous's question.
id love it if you could :D i just started making maps, working on emitters and weapons to may be abit to much at once.

also i wanted a knockback shot which instead of damaging the enemy it knocks them back slightly at the angle the tank was hit from like a concussion shot?
it was for my dodgeball mod idea. :P

is that possible? :D thanks in advance
_Anonymous_
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by _Anonymous_ »

Instead of fog going left and right, it goes up and down.

About those picture . . . the files are too big to post. If someone can tell me how to shrink the size, I can post them.
- Quentin Crisp