DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

FOR NEW MODDERS PLEASE READ!

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

*Sheena*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

FOR NEW MODDERS PLEASE READ!

Post by *Sheena* »

I have had many new modders ask me questions on Tqe and how to make thier missions work in TT
in order to understand how it all works you must start from the begining...Learn how to place objects in TT's stock missions first, Learn how TT's stock missons are named... Most of the vets here first learned from
changing the stock missions we learned how to script them, how and why the missions are set up, reading the forums on how to make weapons from the spec.cs file learning how to change tanks in the tank.db file
Bottem line guys Work with TT first! you can change skies, shapes, weapons, tanks, the size of the maps
just about everything you want to change, the only thing that can't be changed that others will be able to see is the terrain colors you can change them for your eyes only....when you have mastered TT stock missions and how to minipulate them than start using Tqe you will have a much better understanding on how it all works
some great mods were made from stock maps!!!! Please Please learn how TT works before jumping into Torque game engine!!
I know you guys want to make some awesome mods you have so many ideas but you just can't make it come together if you do not understand Think Tanks......
Joined the redneck class in 1963
*Stiffler

Re: FOR NEW MODDERS PLEASE READ!

Post by *Stiffler »

*Sheena* wrote:I have had many new modders ask me questions onTqeand how to make thier missions work in TT
in order to understand how it all works you must start from the begining...Learn how to place objects in TT's stock missions first, Learn how TT's stock missons are named... Most of the vets here first learned from
changing the stock missions we learned how to script them, how and why the missions are set up, reading the forums on how to make weapons from the spec.cs file learning how to change tanks in the tank.db file
Bottem line guys Work with TT first! you can change skies, shapes, weapons, tanks, the size of the maps
just about everything you want to change, the only thing that can't be changed that others will be able to see is the terrain colors you can change them for your eyes only....when you have mastered TT stock missions and how to minipulate them than start using Tqe you will have a much better understanding on how it all works
some great mods were made from stock maps!!!! Please Please learn how TT works before jumping into Torque game engine!!
I know you guys want to make some awesome mods you have so many ideas but you just can't make it come together if you do not understand Think Tanks......

notice you said tqe haha :razz:
Wowzaman360
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

help with tanks

Post by Wowzaman360 »

When i am admin i dont have all the tanks like the admin tank or jeep but i have ufo but when i try turning in to it. It does nothing even heavy or med i cant turn into other bots or tanks.
Metal
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: FOR NEW MODDERS PLEASE READ!

Post by Metal »

Wowzaman... every your post is that, you sent me even a message with that text, you should first read all of this stuff and then ask if is something wrong. Did you see the date of the last post?
Wow this guy is completely a n00b