DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Tank Golf? (impossible)

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Moderator, Admin

Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Tank Golf? (impossible)

Post by Taylor »

this would be almost all TGE.
first, we'd have the golf ball, which would a be a TGE object. when it's shot, it moves.
second we'd have lots of TGE maps with terrain for the ball and holes 1-as far as the modder wants to go.
third we'd have a scoring system... maybe there could be golf alpha and beta. alpha gives you as many points for each hole as the hold # and 1/2 that number for 4,5 & 6 hits, half that for 7-9 etc. for challenge increase maps. beta would just be 10 point for each hole in one and one less for each shot more it takes for maps with little difficulty change.
this gametype wouldn't be so hard with just TGE, but to get it into TT is a hole different problem...
we'd need to get the holes and the ball to interact with the tanks, then have the score respond to the hole.
i'm sure it's possible...
unfortunately i don't have TGE, so someone else would have to do it, but i think it'll be really cool.

some cool things that could be added if they're possible:
an in-mod scoreboard that shows scores
a little commentary board
collapsing objects
ball color changers
"1 2 3 go" before hitting the ball
hole locators

terrain features that should be included in maps:
sand, more traction
water, more traction and wave physics (if possible)
ice, less traction
wind, increases speed in any direction
cannon (with funnel to get inside) that shoots the ball really far

power-ups (items marked with * might not be possible)
teleporters
ball wings
ball trajectory line*
speedy ball
slow-mo ball
bouncy ball
small goal magnet
go-through ball

other features that can be included in maps
moving platforms
boats
anything else

multiplayer (anything in green is meant for multiplayer)
in multiplayer mode you can chase eachother around the map for 1 minute in-between 2 rounds (in which everybody gets to shoot). in this interval you try to get them into a bad shooting position. also different peoples balls can hit each-other, but they aim for the same goal.

this'll be really fun guys...

if you want to make it, please post here then start using TGE!
when you're done post a map pre-load and a script pre-load and any other pre-loads that are needed. if anybody else is doing it, please coordinate with them about ball look and such. also please post pre-loads for the shapes that are in the golf maps so that other people can make their own. there are 3 very similar types: alpha multiplayer and beta. beta and alpha are explained above, and so is multiplayer (alpha and beta just don't have the 1 min chase break).

well, don't bother doing this, dazzle says it's impossible, but i'll just leave it here anyway.

post if there's anything i forgot...

i didn't have time to proof-read this, so there might be some typos.
Last edited by Taylor on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
I signed up on New Years!
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Re: Tank Golf?

Post by Dazzle »

Most of what you have posted above is not possible in TT. Perhaps you should learn the ways of TGE and make a few normal maps instead of relying on other people to do the work for all these games you keep posting about. Making a terrain in TGE and adding objects with modwiz is easy really so just try yourself.

On another note making a gametype with dedicated maps, objects and scripting is not always easy, it takes time, dedication, a huge amount of effort and many hours of testing. Nothing should ever be released to this community unless it is 100%. For example Rollerball took 9 months, King Of The Hill took 2 months and Gladiator took 6 weeks and currently CTF recreation has taken over 2 months and is not finished yet. So before you ask people to spend their time on your ideas I would suggest that you actually try TGE and a small amount of basic scripting so that at least you can understand what is involved with developing a gametype.

Lastly CB had the idea a long time ago for TT Golf, he even has the maps but the scripting element has never been completed.
Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Tank Golf?

Post by Taylor »

...wow. well that changes everything... but doesn't TGE cost... like... $300? :tankerconfused2:
well, i guess i'm not gonna post my other idea for a gametype... :razz:
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Re: Tank Golf? (impossible)

Post by Dazzle »

Well little dude, I know you are new here but IF YOU WERE TO OPEN YOUR EYES and look at the sticky posts at the top of the modding forum you will see how to install TGE on PC's and MAC's for nothing!!!!! $0 £0 You will also see a thread called The Modding Resource which contains EVERYTHING you need to make maps and mods.

How do you think everyone else learnt? We read the threads and applied what we read easy really.
Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Taylor »

well how was i supposed to know it could be LEGAL to get it for free? and anyway, modwiz doesn't work on my computer, it freezes. :(

also, why do people always "say i have 10 PC's"... it's "i have 10 PCs" for the last time!!! :below:
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member
sirlouis
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by sirlouis »

oh its sounds good tt golf its regrettable its not possible but there are maps and the not finished scripts why you not finsch the scripts
Metal
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Metal »

Ok the post above made me cry... :lol:
It is imposible I think, because to make an object, you need 3D Max, and for Tge maps you need the TGE DEmo taylor :lol: ... You should see the "TGE Fullversion vs TGE DEMO" in the last pages...
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

Hmmmm... I Guess My Feeling is That It's Not Impossible... I really think what you could do would you would have the scrum flag changed to look like a golf Ball... I think it can be done... you'd have a drop site where the players and golf ball would spawn! in TGE someone could make a hole in the ground to resemble the hole you could make sand traps and such! There would be a timer and when that timer would run out you would spawn and where the golf ball stops is your first stroke. Then you'd start over... You might be wondering, won't everyone get the same stroke? No there will be some hills so it takes some strategy to get Birdies and Pars! I think you might have to cut out a few things but this could be fun to play! Good Luck!

00E
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter
Taylor
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Taylor »

well this was a WHILE ago, and i don't think i'm gonna do this anymore. good luck 00E! :razz:
Macs Rule!
Proud BMT Member
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

I'll Make A Map Hold On I'll Do IT Later
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter