DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

another tge prob

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

Downgrade
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

another tge prob

Post by Downgrade »

it wont load modded missions it says i dont have the resources thats needed or the related art what could be the prob? :?:
The memories will never die.
Person
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Person »

edited
Last edited by Person on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Downgrade
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Downgrade »

nope doesn't work i renamed TT1-4.mis to newMission.mis and it loads datablocks then objects then it stops and says i dont have the related art,resources or the correct version of TGE
Downgrade
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Downgrade »

nope doesn't work i renamed TT1-4.mis to newMission.mis and it loads datablocks then objects then it stops and says i dont have the related art,resources or the correct version of TGE
NUTS!
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by NUTS! »

pretty much means that when you modded the file in TGE that you do not have the same artwork/stuff in you TT folders as well. If your joining a dedicated server look at your console or start the dedicated with -log. See what it says there.
PLAYER36-SA-
Veteran Heavy
Veteran Heavy

Post by PLAYER36-SA- »

Remember, you can't use any of the art, shapes, etc that come with the TGE demo download. Only use what's in your thinktanks data.
Downgrade
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Downgrade »

how i do that?
NUTS!
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Do what?

Post by NUTS! »

If you want or need help you have to explain a little better, give more information. First of are you using a mac. Winows or linux? If using windows are you doing this by starting a dedicated server or using the create server button? If you are using a dedicated server you should a console window, its the black square thing with a bunch of words scrolling past. If you watch that it should show what is hanging it up. Addtionally you can add a -log at the end like: ThinkTanks -dedicated -mission game/data/missions/TT1_1.mis -game S -log 1. Heres a good place to start. http://planetthinktanks2.com/viewtopic.php?t=60 then here http://radiatorgames.com/?page=206 You may want to try and do a search before asking, not that asking is bad. Just may be faster for you, instead of waiting for replies.
Person
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Person »

edited
Last edited by Person on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NUTS!
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by NUTS! »

ahh so this is when hes starting TGE to mod. Don't use the TT1_1.mis (any of themTT2 or TT3), use a dash, monkeeman, or Roo. Not sure why but people always have a problem with the original .mis. Yes you need to copy over the TT files so he should have all the original artwork as well. In macs I believe you can add the -console command as well.