DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

My Map Ideas

Modding questions, answers, help.....

Moderators: Warfare, Admin, Moderator

Xzyckon
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

My Map Ideas

Post by Xzyckon »

Here are some ideas that I thought up while messing around in TGE 1.3, what do you think?

Xzyckon's Sandbox
More of an experimental map, as in for testing purposes. Could be turned into a 'Hub Map' leading to other maps I make down the line if possible to code in.

The Moon/Lunar
Bumpy map with small bowl shaped craters textured to resemble the moon. No fog.
:!: As far as I know you can not change the gravity in this game.

Io
A volcanic themed map with textures that are reminiscent to Jupiter's moon Io. Fog is grey and is around the same intensity as the 'spooky' maps are.

Venus
Another volcanic themed map, this time textured like Venus. Fog will be more intense than Io's and will be hellish-beige in colour to simulate the atmosphere.

Sol
Big open map with wavy terrain, no objects except for a heath gate in the center and a few well placed boost/jump pads. Tank's health deteriorates as you explore the map hence the health gate, you are on the Sun after all. I will have to tweak the tankDB.cs file to make it so that the tanks last more than 5 seconds before the 'deterioration effect' destroys them and then tweak other variables to be balanced around it.

Neutron Star
Just like with the Sol map except smaller and completely flat with a stronger 'deterioration effect', around 30-60 seconds. Pretty much how when you go 'out of bounds' the game destroys your tank.
Hmm, let's see what happens when I replace the brainjar with a tree model...
*Few minutes of tinkering later...*
:lol:
ThatGuySam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Map Ideas

Post by ThatGuySam »

Sounds great Xzyckon.
The sandbox sounds interesting, if u can find a way to link to other servers that'd be cool!
Have Fun Always
Sam

Has been playing TT Since: 28th October 2012
Join ThinkTanks' Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H7fGD6E
Xzyckon
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Xzyckon »

That Guy Sam wrote:Sounds great Xzyckon.
The sandbox sounds interesting, if u can find a way to link to other servers that'd be cool!
I have no idea how the servers work, all I do is modding in the sense of missions and tank skins. Also, there are other artsy fartsy things that I do which are more prominent on my radar at the moment so yeah... :\

I will get to these at some point hopefully.
THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by THE V »

I did some pretty funny stuff back when I was into it. I think that was around 2009-2010. Send me a PM if you want my .mis & .ter files. I thought I tossed up a pack for all of the objects that I added. Might give you a few ideas. Let me know your age cause I put up some adult/type maps as well.
Xzyckon
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Xzyckon »

THE V wrote:I did some pretty funny stuff back when I was into it. I think that was around 2009-2010. Send me a PM if you want my .mis & .ter files. I thought I tossed up a pack for all of the objects that I added. Might give you a few ideas. Let me know your age cause I put up some adult/type maps as well.
That would be interesting to see what you did, hopefully I'll get back into TT Modding again. (Have other stuff eating up my time atm)