DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

CTF 2.0 Season Thread

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

CTF 2.0 Season Thread

Post by get some »

Welcome to Season 2.0!!!!!

[center]Image[/center]

First off...couple of points on how we will be preceding on game nights:

1. Games are to be held at 9:00 (first matchup) and 9:30 (second matchup) EST every thursday. BEING PROMPT IS A MUST. NO LATE STARTS.
2. Games are to be held in Laggy CTF Server and will be locked for league play on thursdays.
3. Please enter server as your teams designated color. there are no color switching codes once in server.
4. For the 9:30 matchup, players must wait until at least 4 out of 8 players from previous matchup leave before entering. Please leave and enter server in a timely fashion.
5. Matches are to be played on the same map each week. that means for the second game, captains must restart server to cycle thru maps until the designated map comes up again.

[center]CTF Season 2.0
Rules and Guidelines[/center]

TEAMS: This is a 4 on 4 season. Each team will be composed of a minimum of 5 players. Captains are in charge of determining the game roster each week. Pre-game organization will take place by e-mail or at least 15 minutes before a game in a server. The defending Champions Ladykillers will stay together this season. All other teams will be formed via a draft.

LEAGUE MANAGEMENT: The league is managed by captains through a vote from all captains of teams in matters where it is necessary. When a team has co-captains, only one vote per team will be accepted. The League commissioner (get some) will serve to moderate and bring agenda items before the captains. Captains may also present items upon discussion with the Commissioner. The Commissioner, with vote from captains, can also take action to suspend a player from play, based on poor sportsmanship in a game, in a posting on a league forum thread, or in sending e-mail related to the league. If necessary, Captains may remove the Commissioner or another Captain by majority vote. Captains are responsible for disruptive team behavior. The Commissioner will not be a Team Captain.

GAMES & TIMES: Games are Thursdays at 9:00 PM and 9:45-10:00 PM Eastern (EST - USA), but no later than 10:00 PM for the 2nd game. The server will be password protected. The Commissioner will communicate the server passwords to team Captains. Teams must gather and be ready to play on time. Having an incomplete team is not a reason to start late. Captains are responsible for communicating the time of play, and ensuring teams are present. Games should start no later than 10:05 PM Eastern. Play will consist of two 15 minute games between teams of four. Captains must both agree that they are ready to start the match by saying "GAME ON AT RESTART". When ready, the game will be started by resetting the server (using the "/restart" command, if available in CTF server) or by letting the timer wind down. For the course of the season, each game will have the teams being both blue once and green once in a set of games against an opponent to maintain parity and fairness on every map. (this means a team is blue first game, then switches green in the 2nd game).

MAPS & SERVERS: Maps are pre-selected by league management. Servers will be the CTF server.

LAG / CONNECTION ISSUES: Lag or connection issues should be tested and worked out prior to the start of the game. The two Captains should discuss issues relating to server problems. Players should communicate with their captain if there is a server problem using private or team chat. Once a game has started it must be completed. It may not be stopped mid-game due to lag. In case of a server crash mid-game, the score should be noted. A full 15-minute game can then be continued on another server (chosen by the Home Team) but the score from the aborted game will be added to the new score. If this is not possible, then by mutual agreement of the 2 Captains and the Commissioner, the game may be rescheduled.

SCORING: During the regular season, a match consists of two games, and two games only. Match play shall be scored as follows: at the end of each 15-minute game, the team with the higher score shall be awarded two points and the team with the lower score shall be awarded no points. In the case of a tie, both teams shall be awarded one point. (Win = 2 pt, Tie = 1 pt, Loss = 0 pt). Thus the possible scores for a match are:
[center]· WW = 4 pt
· WT = 3 pt
· WL = 2 pt
· TT = 2 pt
· LT = 1 pt
· LL = 0 pt [/center]
Screenshots of the game scores should be posted immediately after the match in the screenshot thread.

DISPUTES/CONFLICTS/TECHNICAL PROBLEMS: If a conflict should arise between players/teams, players will notify their Captain to address the conflict within 4 hours of the game. If it cannot be resolved, the issue will be brought to the League Commissioner. If the Commissioner is unable to resolve the issue or is directly involved in the conflict, then the issue will be presented for a majority vote by all team Captains. Captains will present conflicts between each other to the forum of Captains to be resolved by majority vote. The Commissioner will moderate, facilitate resolution and cast a tie-breaking vote when necessary. If there is a sudden freeze or loss of server connection for a MAJORITY of players (meaning the game is not playable any longer for both teams) then the game in question must be replayed. IF there is evidence of the scores when the technical failure occurred (via screen shots) then the game WILL be resumed with the scores before the technical failure, otherwise the game will be player over in its entirety.

PLAYER REPLACEMENT: A draft pool of reserve players will exist to replace players no longer able to play, for whatever reason. The Commissioner will help teams maintain parity by filling vacant team slots, in conjunction and with input from other Captains. Final discretion for player placement is assigned to the Commissioner to keep league play operating in a good way. Replacement players must be approved by the Commissioner at least 24 hours prior to game time.

SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitutions with pick-up players are not allowed. Teams may adjust their roster with players from their own team, but this must be done within 10 seconds and with minimal disruption. When possible any anticipated roster switching should be announced to the other team in advance. If an extra player is on the field for more than 1 minute, the offending team shall forfeit the game.

PLAYOFFS: The top 4 teams will advance into the playoffs to be determined by final league standings. During the playoff matches, the teams cannot tie. Thus a minimum of 2 games are played using the same match scoring system described above. In the event of a tie after the first 2 games (e.g. Tie followed by another Tie, or a Win-Loss followed by Loss-Win) then a 3rd game is played. Additional games are played until a team has more points than the other. For example, if Team A wins Game 1 and Game 2 is a Tie, Team A wins the match (final score of 3 to 1).

Please take notice of which game your team is playing each week.

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

GAMES BEGIN THIS THURSDAY!!! GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A TON OF FUN!!!
Last edited by get some on Wed May 02, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Cassie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cassie »

Lol, just created this: now noticed you already had a banner :roll:
Here it is anyways:
Last edited by Cassie on Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

thx Cas,
its a great logo. i will try to work it in, but for now i have to do some work that actually gets me paid. lol.
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

^ Yeah we know what that means ... you are off to shoot someone...
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

...and get paid to do it!!!
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

not to be picky but could, at some point, the dates be added to the above schedule. I think it might help us all keep on track.
Thanks!
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

pick away....you scab picker!!!!

i know, you are right. it took this dufus (me) quite a bit of time to work these graphics so i got lazy and left dates out. i will adjust when i kick the lazy bug. it will be sooner than later.
General Vig-VT-
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by General Vig-VT- »

Our name is the Dark Titans, please add it that way

-Vig

EDIT: I dont see what time slot we are in, can you clarify please?

-Vig.1
EYE TEST

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:;;;;

PM me if you find it. Which number semi colon is it?
Bolo
Tanks a Wreck
Tanks a Wreck

Post by Bolo »

This vintage ctf team is ready to kick your butts!!

problem: emails sent to oddball and sxy kimmy bounced. i dont see their emails on ptt2. does anyone have them?
B

-Madly in love with Rogue as of August, 2007
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

i did a search through old material...no luck.

i also did a google search on "sexxy kimmy" hoping some old content would pop up with contact info. you can probably guess the results of that search....

i'm not even gonna bother googling oddball.

dig thru your old emails poeple...they gotta be around somewhere.

interesting that i found no posts by either...when and where did they sign up?