DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

PsychoScrum League Season XX: Season Mode

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PsychoScrum League Season XX: Season Mode

Post by Cloud »

This game is nearing 9 years old. A game of only hundreds of players (through it's 9 year history) has hung around much longer than any of us thought, gone through three main websites, 10 TBML leagues which last on average 10-12 weeks, 3 CTF leagues which also go for 10-12 weeks, and 9 PSL leagues which also average 10-12 weeks. That's over 30 seasons of leagues+, not including the many other successful leagues such as euro ts league, isl, ect. Most of those leagues occurred one after another, especially recently, and yet we still are managing to have another season of fun loving PSL.

Throughout these leagues, we have captains who draft teams of their choosing based on players' skill, attendance, working as a team, communication, ect, and because we don't have an exact number of players per team, sometimes players may not get chosen. We have always done things that way far before I ever attempted at hosting a league including dad who has hosted TBML a few times. Many new players aren't picked because captains may not know the player's skill, attendance, teamwork, ect well. This happens in most seasons. After they have played for a while, they are picked. We welcome new players but we rest the decision in the captains who graciously gave up their time to lead a team in a cartoon tank game. Many take the game very seriously (like myself) and Wednesday night PSL leagues are intense and competitive. I don't think it would be fair to force captains to have players who were not picked considering it would be an uneven number of players per team. We let a few weeks go by, and then players out of the reserve pool are picked.

Thank you Mr. V for your insight. The V has played for a very long time and his schedule is spotty due to life (far more important than a silly tank game) and considering this game has been around for 9 years, attendance is a major issue. The worst is when you are 2 against 4 on a Wednesday night really hoping for some action and then you get none. (I know that feeling all too well :-) :thumbup:

Mintz, normally a few weeks into the league, captains will realize that one of their players will not show, have bad communication, ect and then will draft somebody out of the reserve pool after talking to commissioners and voting. We may really need you down the road. I have been in the reserve pool before long time ago so I know how it feels. Remember, this game used to be much more active but we have gone through a lot in 9 years such as the main master server created by the owners (the list of servers you see) going down for lengthy periods of time and players like Phobik who go out of their way to keep the community and fun going by creating another master server to keep this game running however you came in recently. Yes, parcat, supra, and myself struggle to find players willing to drop Wednesday nights to play a 9 year old cartoon tank game with few players left. That is expected. I can't do a whole lot about that. Time has taken it's toll however the game has far outlasted what we thought. I remember 1 year into the game, players worried that the game wouldn't last much longer, but here we are, nearly 9 years in. I am sorry you feel the need to leave PSL because you weren't picked right away. I hope you decide to stay in the reserve pool so you can be picked up later if attendance issues occur perhaps. Anyways, we will see you in pick up games watching your improvement and you will most likely get picked next season... :thumbup:
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
TankerBell
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by TankerBell »

Smacky is completely right. Think Tanks sucks, there's no one who questions that, but everyone here doesn't suck. Despite how small the community gets, or how the list of servers is starting to drop lower and lower, I think it's mutual that most people want to maintain the connections they created through 6 years of blatant time-wasting playing a piece of shiht game.

Basically what I'm saying is we should stop caring about such miniscule PSL controversies and just love each other unconditionally. Also, never forget that I am unquestionably the greatest player to ever play this game.

TT Convention 2012?
discuss.
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

My parting words:

Mintz, I'm glad things were settled between you and supra. Like I have said, you may get picked up in the coming weeks. You need to be patient.

Every player has invested themselves in this game as much as they'd like to, however deep or shallow. I am heavily invested in this game, you may not be so invested. Call it what you want, but I stand by what I said.

I didn't say I had a problem accepting complaints. You can complain all you want, guys, but I'm going to give you my 2 cents in return. You can count on that.

People come and go, and with such a small community like this, there are bound to be a handful of players you can't stand.

EDIT: I am SO glad this thread is getting heated with voices who have been silent. AWAKEN THE CRACKEN!

La fin.
meow !
Mintz
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Mintz »

Edit; Handled
Thanks for all your help.
Trials by the adversarial contest must in time go the way of the ancient trial by tank battle and blood.
dad
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by dad »

@Supra, I did run one TBML league, and have captained 3 or 4 others.. I understand what Cloud is going through.. It is a thankless job, and much like watching my kids, but I don't think that's the point.

Our community has dwindled to bare bones, so it didn't make sense to exclude someone because their skills didn't meet the expectations of the "vets".

When I started this game 5 years ago, we had a similiar problem, but it seemed to be with demos.

After reading this previous posts, it appears the problem has been resolved.. I hope when I get interested in the game again, it still exists.

@Parcat..I"ll continue to give my opinion, until the day they cancel my login. I think maybe I've earned the right to do so.
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

dad, I'll support your right to be opinionated, be conservative, vote Republican even... but Go Browns?
There has to be a line somewhere.
(Go eagles)
Bolo
Tanks a Wreck
Tanks a Wreck

Post by Bolo »

ok everyone shhhh...... already. This is the place for taunting. i am going to make sure supra and his team cry after tomorrow night's beating. perhaps they will not show up out of fear...
B

-Madly in love with Rogue as of August, 2007
SliMShaDy
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by SliMShaDy »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Speedo
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Speedo »

Bourne This Way
vs
Kat's Kaotic Unikorns

Let's go, British entertainment group! beat that toy-producing company!

http://www.bournethisway.co.uk/roles.html

http://www.chaoticunicorn.com/dookie/dookie_toys.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

vs

Gimmie the scrum!
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

^ I do love how C_lion is portrayed. Now that's priceless.

Schedule has been corrected & updated. Sorry for any confusion. GO UNIKORNS!
meow !