DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

PsychoScrum League Season XX: Season Mode

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

supratank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PsychoScrum League Season XX: Season Mode

Post by supratank »

@Mintz

Well the intention is to get as many players as possible (that are reliable) and then be in a good position to fill out the teams. Unfortunately, this season was tough getting players, so we were unable to make a 5th or 6th team.

I would imagine if you are patient, you will get picked up here shortly. People tend to drop and things come up, so try and give this a little time here.

Thanks...
"For the love of all that is good and holy.... Don't back up Feathers!!!"
Smacky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Smacky »

If I may be so bold here as to throw in my quick 2 cents:

For a game and a league that is struggling to hang on until the absolute bitter end, it seems a bit shortsighted to take an exclusionary stance. You've got one team with 7 players and 3 teams with 6. I'd take offense to that if I were sitting in that reserve pool, regardless of the fact that there is bound to be people that will no show.

Quite frankly, that's the type of attitude that will prevent me from ever coming back to this game. I lost interest in the game a long time ago, but the fun in the community is what kept me around for years. But what's left of the community are overinflated egos (top 4!) and people with too much self worth tied up in the game.

Looking forward to getting my passport renewed so I can finally go drink with Jangles......
Stay thirsty my friends.
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

hey Smackster!
jangles would be here, except he got lost in Thailand, you best get that passport to bring him back.

Did we include Major Pain, aka MP in the appeals for players, he's usually able to pry himself free for 40minutes a week.
dad
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by dad »

I agree with smack(did I actually type that)? For some reason, it's always been a good ole boys network, kind of funny for a $20 game. It's been a couple of months since I've played as well.

Mintz is reliable and will always show up when put in the starting lineup. Didn't make sense to me either having 1 lopsided team, with 3 in the reserve which would have made all teams even.

But hey what do I know, I'm just a neanderthal TBM'r.
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

I understand why you're getting riled up about this. I was given the choice to choose another player, so I did. The other 3 captains didn't want to. Like supra said, a few players may find they cannot continue playing in the league, so they will drop out and you may get picked. To be honest, if you weren't picked, you haven't shown yourself in a TS light. You need to be active in the pick-up games and play frequently. You can't expect to be picked if you don't play as much. As much as reliability is great, skill is even greater. If you have a basic understanding of the game and can do some substantial teamwork, you have a good chance of getting picked.
Did we include Major Pain, aka MP in the appeals for players, he's usually able to pry himself free for 40minutes a week.
Yes, he was contacted several times. Declined.
meow !
dad
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by dad »

Really? Nevermind.....
Banshee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Banshee »

They're dead on. The occasional effort to join a server is thwarted by the same mentality Smacky speaks of, let alone trying to do occasional league play.
I know this isn't appropriate forum for this, but had to throw in 1 1/2 cents.
Mintz
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Mintz »

Please remove my name from your reserve player pool, I did not and would not ever sign up as a reserve since I am active everyday and show up when I say I will, I have played TBM and scrum games everyday for over 6 months and when there are players in TS I have played as much as possible and have been getting instructions from many players on how to improve my game and fun, but since winning seems to be what counts here in PSL at all cost then new players such as myself consider the TS game a losing effort.
Thanks for your consideration.
Mintz
Trials by the adversarial contest must in time go the way of the ancient trial by tank battle and blood.
Smacky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Smacky »

But I haven't played in months..." So what! Sign up now, practice later; you'd be surprised how amazingly quick your skills and moves come back to you--muscle memory FTW!
An the total contradiction:
To be honest, if you weren't picked, you haven't shown yourself in a TS light. You need to be active in the pick-up games and play frequently. You can't expect to be picked if you don't play as much. As much as reliability is great, skill is even greater. If you have a basic understanding of the game and can do some substantial teamwork, you have a good chance of getting picked.
As a person who hasn't played since June 2011 and is definitely now an outsider looking in, I stand by my words. If you want to keep your baby alive, you have to quit the elitist BS and welcome every fresh face.

I remember back when IA was still in it's early stages and Quagga (under a different name) signed up for his first PSL. We all knew his skills were weak, but I took him anyway. Why? Because he was a willing fresh face. He ended up playing in the finals. We lost....but in the end who gives a rats ass, its a cartoon tank game.

BTW, I exclude Baba from the over inflated egos and people with too much self worth tied up in the game. He's one of the good guys!
Stay thirsty my friends.
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

Smacky wrote:
But I haven't played in months..." So what! Sign up now, practice later; you'd be surprised how amazingly quick your skills and moves come back to you--muscle memory FTW!
An the total contradiction:
To be honest, if you weren't picked, you haven't shown yourself in a TS light. You need to be active in the pick-up games and play frequently. You can't expect to be picked if you don't play as much. As much as reliability is great, skill is even greater. If you have a basic understanding of the game and can do some substantial teamwork, you have a good chance of getting picked.
Ah, but signing up is different than getting picked by a captain. When you sign up, you won't necessarily get put on a team. Argument invalid.

Mintz, I'm glad you signed up, and I am sorry you didn't get picked. I was put in the reserve pool for my first PSL; it sucks to get publicly denied, I understand that, especially after hard work trying to improve your skills, but you can't expect to get on a team the first go-around. I've seen you play: you have general knowledge of the game; you've improved greatly. Don't give up now.
meow !