DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

PsychoScrum League Season XX: Season Mode

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

Mintz
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: PsychoScrum League Season XX: Season Mode

Post by Mintz »

PSL Rules state >TEAMS: This is a 4 on 4 season. Each team will be composed of 6 players and out of all you veteran players who are captains or officers of PSL couldn't see it to add all the players who signed up, you all had room on your teams, one team added a 6th player. I could see it if there was 50 players trying to fill 5 teams then it would be a no brainer that many would be in a reserve pool and that would have been acceptable , but to leave out players when teams are not full and put those players in a reserve pool in a season where you was begging for players to sign up and then to try to justify it by saying the players possibly wasn't picked because of skills is ridiculous. Not only do you cheat the players out of playing in a league you also cheat said players out of learning and gaining skills in game from veteran players by being able to watch and interact which would help the game, even if the player never got put in the game but was only in observe mode for each game at least the new players would be part of the community and getting to interact in league play, instead we sit in a another server where we can't see PSL games played or learn from watching those games. I am sorry to be taken out of your reserve pool of players but I have no interest in playing in a league when they can't get enough players to fill there teams in league played games when I was asked to sit out when the teams where not full in the first place. I hope this does not accur and your season is successful.
Mintz
Trials by the adversarial contest must in time go the way of the ancient trial by tank battle and blood.
THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by THE V »

Hey now the reserve pool ain't so bad. At least we get to drink while we wait. Some of us are too flaky or emotionally unstable to be trusted in a game. Based upon your previous posts Mintz which category do you fall into?

I'm in the flaky category myself. Just because I was on an airplane at gametime this past week is the only reason I didn't make it. Oh and my son's little league games are on a few Wednesday nights this month. You know I hate baseball but my son drags me out to play catch can hit some balls. He's a rotten 7 year old but he's having fun.
Mintz
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Mintz »

and V it was your week to bring the beer see how ya are. I'm in the reserve pool of categories also. I'm waiting at the miller truck to see if I can get an invite to the bud truck. but you know how them bud drinkers are they don't like to share. :razz:
Trials by the adversarial contest must in time go the way of the ancient trial by tank battle and blood.
supratank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by supratank »

Wow. Look what I have been missing. :-) Seems like this can be settled easily without all of this. (my opinion)

Exclusivism is why you aren't playing Smacks? ...And I thought you were just busy. :-) (btw: good to see you bro!)

Mintz.... We'll remove you if you want. Ive not been picked before and hung out a while and then I got added to a team. If you want, I'll take you on my team. I wasn't at the draft (gave my list to cloud), so I don't know why we didn't all pick people, but I am happy to take you on my team.

@dad @ Banshee - I thought you both were already on the inside? You have captained, lead leagues (dad), played countless times, etc. If captains are needed for TBML, you guys are some of the first possible captains we think of to lead a team. If you really think its a bit too elite/closed, I'm sure you could run the league, as I am sure Cloud is eager to give it up - really. (no sarcasm here, honestly I believe Cloud is ready to not do it and would be happy for 2 other people to take it over and give it some new life) :-) I would happily play with you guys running it.

I won't be posting again - so post away. You are all my friends (though I don't know you well Mintz) and we certainly can work this out. It shouldn't be hard, and no one needs to be attacked. There you go.
"For the love of all that is good and holy.... Don't back up Feathers!!!"
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

For those of you who have claimed to have left the game, you really have no business on the forums. Your interjections are unnecessary and unfounded, to be honest. The league of psychoscrum has started, and that's that. You can try and take the fun out of PSL, but if you're the one doing it, you're obviously not playing. Like I said, if you weren't picked, you have not made yourself known. I'm not ashamed to say that I play a lot.. 6 out of 7 nights a week. I've seen you play maybe 3 times in the past 3 months, Mintz... that's not enough to grab attention. When you complain in the forums, you're just making it more difficult for yourself. It's not the captains' fault for not picking you. Get over it. And if you're going to give up this easily, then why put up a fight anyway? I'm not trying to be mean or start something, but this smack talk against PSL is fruitless. If you chose not to play this season, okay, that's fine, but don't come here trying to put it down.

Smacky, I'm not sure why you even mention that you left because of the overinflated egos. You're one to talk. Bringing up something that's very contradictory in respects to yourself will only hurt you.

Mintz, you're not handling this well at all. Like supra said, you can pull out for good, but if you stick around, you may get picked. And for your information, you learn more in pick-up games than you will EVER learn in the leagues. Leagues are just an extension of pick-ups. If you want to learn, you're going to have to make more of an effort.
meow !
Weasel
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Weasel »

@Smacky
If you were to join a game today, you would see that my ego (top 4!) has subsided and there are several other players that outweigh me severely on that scale. I barely even type anymore in game. You talk mighty tall for a player who hasn't even touched the game in many months.
Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

Since when has this forum been limited to those involved in the game? I thought this was a place for free exchange of ideas (lol).

Perhaps Smacky was off for saying what he did, and Mintz too. But instead of killing the message for the messenger, is it too much to consider what they have posited? Hasn't this forum been quiet other than old timers checking in and advertising for players?

As for learning more in a pick up game than PSL game, I beg to differ. I learned more about positioning, attack/defense, and players' tendencies from 4 PSL games than from lifetime of pick up games. It would be worthwhile for the newer players to find a way to get involved.

@parcat...tone down the vitriol. We understand you have a passion for the game, but no reason to make enemies over simple game unless the talk is over real life issues.
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

Mighty Mouse wrote:Since when has this forum been limited to those involved in the game? I thought this was a place for free exchange of ideas (lol).
Sorry, let me rephrase: if you no longer play the game, why bother posting? Your negative interjections aren't at all necessary nor constructive toward the league. If you have something encouraging to say or would like to make a suggestion for the future, go for it, but if you're going to come right out and tell everyone why you left the game and whinning about the league in general, it won't be taken well.

Mighty Mouse wrote:As for learning more in a pick up game than PSL game, I beg to differ. I learned more about positioning, attack/defense, and players' tendencies from 4 PSL games than from lifetime of pick up games. It would be worthwhile for the newer players to find a way to get involved.
Haven't you noticed that things have changed since you started? Some, if not most, pick up games are extremely competitive, far more competitive than some PSL games. If you don't have a legitimate basis for TS gameplay before you hit the leagues, you aren't going to get much better. Someone who says they've tried getting into games regularly (but has NOT been seen playing all that often) is not going to get picked or learn much in leagues if they play.

Mighty Mouse wrote:@parcat...tone down the vitriol. We understand you have a passion for the game, but no reason to make enemies over simple game unless the talk is over real life issues.
Thanks for the sentiment. I know you know that I'm passionate about this league and the game itself. My loud mouth gets me in trouble a lot. Honestly, I'm not going to be someone who sits on their a$$ and takes insults and deconstructive criticism. So telling me to tone it down is futile. If anyone knocks PSL when it really isn't their business because they're neither interested nor currently a player, they need to expect a comeback. And believe me, I've got plenty of those. I've made enemies, sure, but that won't stop me from playing nor will it make me shut up. I know some of you think I'm some kid with half a brain, but I've only been helping TT in any way I can. If you can't see that, you've judged me far too soon. Most of you have YET to stand up to run these leagues. I'd like to see you even try. Cloud and supra have done so much for this, phobik has been running the servers for these leagues for awhile now and I have tried to help. So GTFO if you can't handle the fact that this game is still alive after you've left.

By the way, this isn't aimed directly at MM. It's aimed at all of you who have complained.
meow !
Mintz
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Mintz »

The truth is the truth parCAT if you don't like it when a player left out of a league complains then you should not come here and read what is said, nothing was directed at you or said to you. The last post you wrote was strange and to harsh for a pc game. I have every right to complain about being left out of the teams for PSL when the teams where not at 6 members per the PSL rules. I dropped this after supra posted and accepted what he had said. I sent him a private message after to further the talk. Sorry you are having a problem accepting a players complaints about a rule not followed that is clearly stated in said rules.
I think this does not need to continue since the commissioner of PSL and the player involved have came to an agreement in part. anything else you would like to say can be sent to me in private or to the commissioner of PSL.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Mintz
Smacky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Smacky »

I never said that I left the game because of overinflated egos. I said that's just about all that is left. I said I quit playing because it was no longer fun. Many (not all) of the people that made if fun for me aren't around anymore.

I can remember many afternoons on Skype with Dazzle & Supra just laughing hysterically during pickup games. Good Times!
For those of you who have claimed to have left the game, you really have no business on the forums. Your interjections are unnecessary and unfounded, to be honest.
Play to my point some more, please. I love it when I'm right.
Stay thirsty my friends.