DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

PsychoScrum League Season 19: Season Mode

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

Reagent X
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: PsychoScrum League Season 19: Season Mode

Post by Reagent X »

Charts updated on p. 1!!

ROSTER CHANGES:

(1) Hemulin is officially MIA, and has been replaced by Ass Clone Army from the reserve pool to join TOOMS.

(2) GRREAT has been activated and joins Exquisite Corpse from the reserve pool.
-Rx
Reagent X
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Reagent X »

Cliffhanging Incident!

There was an incidence of blatant "stalling" or cliffhanging by a player last night in game 2 of the Fancy Asses vs. ETFF matchup. I want to remind everyone, that while there is no formal rule against this behavior, we consider it unsportsmanlike. Therefore, if you do engage in this behavior (or similar tactics like diving with the scrum), you will be subject to public shaming here in this forum!

We have discussed this in season's past*, and came to the conclusion that we can't have a hard rule against unsportsmanlike behavior, as it would be very difficult to enforce and would lead to endless disputes each week. We have tried to address this issue by choosing maps that are not too big in area, so that is is difficult to be in a situation where you can "stall" the game. Also to consider: stalling is essentially the opposite of camping. So if one team is all at the goal, the other team can drive around uncontested. Therefore, since we don't want to have anti-camping rules, we can't really have anti-stalling rules either.

The player involved [cough]Magenta[/cough] has seen the error of his ways and has promised not to do this again. The sportsmanlike thing to do in this situation is to look for a teammate to pass to.

Sportsmanship is very important to PSL, as it raises the level of competition in the league. It is one of the main reasons why the Championship Matches are filmed. This way everyone knows their behavior will be public knowledge for all to see. I hope everyone can see that the sweetest victory is a clean and respectable victory.

*The earliest discussion of this was instigated by The Professor in PSL 6 I think. He began to intentionally stall on a large map once their team had an early lead, and sent people on the other team into a mad rage! At that time the "running away" strategy was determined to be unsportsmanlike, unless the timer is already ticking on the last 30 seconds.
-Rx
stinkfingers
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by stinkfingers »

hehe magenta! you noob!
GRRReat
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by GRRReat »

Oh! I am on a team. No one contacted me.
Let me know when I am needed. I think Grey has my email.
gray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by gray »

Grrr has been contacted and invited to play tonight. CanadaKelly is retiring for the rest of the season.
Weasel
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Weasel »

Weasel's vs. Jay's on 6/8...games were played 3 on 4. Jay's team should get 4 for that week not 5.
gray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by gray »

Doesn't sound like Magenta? Maybe LoneWolf subbed for him incognito.
Bolo
Tanks a Wreck
Tanks a Wreck

Post by Bolo »

interesting turn around in the scoreboard. also interesting that the tooms are the only team to not have been beaten both games with a full team present...
B

-Madly in love with Rogue as of August, 2007
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

glad to hear the kid is ok smacky. no worries, Tooms handled business.

would have had a sweep if not for a stellar comeback by jays team in the first game. i believe they were down 8 to 2 and went on an 8 goal run to put the screws to us in the final minutes. very frustrating but lots of credit to them for not giving up.
Dont Go Ninja'in Nobody Don't Need Ninja'in
THE_AXE
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by THE_AXE »

I would like to join the reserve pool :)