DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Team Battlemode XI: Official Sign Ups

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

supratank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Team Battlemode XI: Official Sign Ups

Post by supratank »

I had a conversation with BC which prompted me to post some tricks to the trade of playing TBML.

- You get an extra bullet per clip (or what seems like it) in the light tank by firing (hitting the mouse button) and then midway through the 1st stream of fire, hit the mouse button again and then again quickly. It is a way the clips and reloading take place that gives you an edge. Faster death to your opponent.

- You can shoot through terrain, mostly ledges and edges of hills. Rock back and forth in your tank firing at an angle at the opposing tank and bullets will go through the edge of the terrain to connect in a close one on one fight.

- Being in the air is generally a negative thing in TBML, so think about the speed and direction you hit all pads in the game. There are some great shooters out there!

- For distance fire or sniping, a full stream of fire will alert a tank that you are zeroing in on them. Fire 2-6 shots with short breaks. This allows a greater chance that you will catch them off guard as you continue your sniper attack. Sometimes a single bullet will make its way across to an unsuspecting tank for the kill and its all you need. The opponent is LESS likely to see 2-3 bullets than a whole stream coming across the map.

- Don't fire on an opponent as you approach them. You give away your approach. Instead wait until you are right upon them to begin firing at them.

- Never fire in a direct line - always spread the firing stream by moving the turret and aiming recticle from left to right or up and down as you fire over and around your target. Anticipate the potential movement of your opponent by doing this. Firing every shot in a straight line (unless the opponent isn't moving) doesn't really help you get the kill.

- Driving and avoiding a kill. The worst arc to drive in is the left half circle backwards. Most people are MOST accurate at leading THEIR fire ahead of you to kill you in this retreat circle. Instead, about halfway through each circle you make, whether in a left or right fast backup, adjust and make a HARDER turn... which will allow you sometimes to escape - about halfway through the arc. As your opponent adjusts, make another one - HARDER than just the before to escape in the turn.

Hope this helps and gets you excited for the season! Just 1 more day until the deadline!
"For the love of all that is good and holy.... Don't back up Feathers!!!"
ydde
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by ydde »

Just for confirmation :thumbup:
"I play to forget my current issues... I wish I can change the TT's players name to my issues harharhar!
jangles
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jangles »

Sign me up! Thanks!
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

I just tried to add jangles to the list 3 separate times. It wouldn't let me edit my own post. Strange.

On a different note... 36 players! Wooooot!
meow !
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

ok here it is, sorry to have taken so long, lots to work out here.

Because it was originally posted as a Tuesday night game I set my work schedule to open up all Tuesdays, as a result I work some Wednesdays for the next month (I work 7pm pacific/ 10pm east coast)
I hope to get my next schedule approved with Wednesday's cleared.

So I am in TBML but I have conflicts (work) on the following dates:
November 17th
December 1st
December 8th

If games started promptly at 9pm eastern/6pm pacific I could actually play the first game (of the two) on those dates, but it would be a bit crazy for me so would prefer not to.
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

So no kj?
meow !
kj
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by kj »

I have played in every TBML since the first season.
here is a email baba dug up from that first season when I was on Freudians with supra
Subject: BATTLEMODE FIGHT! LEAGUE GAME TONIGHT 6PDT
Date: November 23, 2003 2:46:25 PM PST
To: Tomago (TT-Frudians) , Weentank (TT-Frudians) , Hugobrain (TT-Frudians) , Kj (TT-Frudians) , FilbertMM (TT-Frudians) , Supra (TT-Frudians) , Ass Clone Army (TT-Frudians)

Freudians Brotherhood, tonight destiny once again comes out of our gun barrels!
We are fighting
TEAM SYNAPTIC vs TEAM FREUDIAN

FP might not be there, but we will have to fight the like of
TEAM SYNAPTIC
FoulPlay
Baklava
Osama
Leopard
Stealth
Alex (sa)
Unfortunately I think soccer practice will prevent me from playing this season, if that changes I will let you know and u can put me in the reserve.
I'll miss shooting ya

kj
TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TrouserChili »

36!
That sounds like an excellent opportunity for 6 teams of 6.
What is Scrum???
bigiron
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by bigiron »

No KJ? won't be the same without ya!
big
Bombo
New Brainjar
New Brainjar