DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Where is the TBM league?

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Where is the TBM league?

Post by TrouserChili »

In looking back at old posts I see there was one last year. Is it an annual thing and I can anticipate another later this year?

Who knew TBM was so much fun? I've gotten so addicted I haven't played more than half a dozen scrum games in the last four months.
What is Scrum???
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Where is the TBM league?

Post by Baba »

I too have enjoyed recent TBM leagues.
Starting as a scrummer I have overcome my initial snobbishness to find fun and enlightenment in the world of BM.

In my opinion, it's probably not reasonable to field two full leagues at the same time.
So as PSL winds down is a good time to initiate discussion on starting the TBML.
While there is a peak of activity, and good dependable players are in the mix.

It also all boils down to organization.
One of the main reasons that PSL has been successful and kept the vets coming back as well as newer players coming in is the high level of organization in the running of the league (cough, kudo's to RX, cough).

There is a lot of basic details that need to be attended to to make it work smoothly.
From the map selection to securing servers, to choosing dependable captains and dependable players..etc, etc...

There are experienced commish's out there, so it could work if we have the right "management team" in place.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

I'd be willing to pitch in with a TBML league in the fall/winter. Had lots of fun with it last year.
supratank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by supratank »

Actually its been a year since we did the last one. We did TBML back to back, so it was a winter spring league, followed immediately by a summer league.

TBML is a great league, with the most new players of any league. It attracts all levels of players because of its ease of playing. We have had many successful and smooth TBML seasons, but we have had some that have had some problems. Because of the quantity of new players usually interested in this league, we have a higher level of no shows than in PSL. PSL tends to be more veteran players than new players, although this season is a great exception to that.

I am too busy to commish a TBML (I have done it many times), but I am happy to help someone else.

Any takers? We could kick it off in fall and probably get Daz, Feathers, CB and others to do a new map or two for it. (no guarantees here).

Trouser, league action is amazing for this league... very intense and strategic.. in other words - you will love it! :-)
"For the love of all that is good and holy.... Don't back up Feathers!!!"

Post by Guest »

Hi guys,

I've been around for a few years now (used to be Agamemnon), but I rarely have anything to add to the discussions. (Please don't take that as a sign of apathy, just that I'm a lurker by nature).

Anyhoo, I'm a late-night TBM'er (mostly CB's joint), and I would play TBML if the time was do-able. Just throwin' my hat in the ring. :D

~blu