DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Capture The Flag League 3.0: Season Mode

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, League Moderators

CTFLeague
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Capture The Flag League 3.0: Season Mode

Post by CTFLeague »

News!

CTF LEAGUE 3.0: Season Mode has begun!

Welcome to the CTF League Thread! This is going to be a thrilled packed CTF league like no other!
CTF is really the best of both worlds, as it calls on players to use the best skills of scrum and tbm to win the game and be the best!

Commissioner: Supratank
Vice Commissionser: Cloud
CTF LEAGUE ROSTER
Reserve Pool
General Vig, Eragon, w00t
GAME SCHEDULE
Week 10
Official CTF League Hosters
SCORE GRAPH
LEAGUE STATISTICS
Coming soon!
Rules!
Rules will be similar to the TBML and PSL leagues. Please visit here to read through the PSL league forums. http://reagentx.home.comcast.net/~reage ... Rules.html
There may be minor differences because this is a CTF league. These will be addressed soon if there are any.

Voice chat in game is also allowed.

CTF Recreation Game Play and Scoring

Time in Goal to score
8 seconds
1 team point
1 personal point

Maximum goals scored in a row without leaving the goal for 5 seconds
5 goals
5 seconds

When your team scores and you don't have the flag but are either in or within 2 tank lengths of the goal
1 personal point

Kill the flag carrier
2 personal points

Dive with the flag
-2 person points

Kill the flag carrier, pick up the flag and then score without passing
2 personal points for kill
1 team point for score
2 bonus personal points for score

Team kills allowed per life
3 kills per life (punished on 3rd kill)

Punishment for excessive teamkilling, options are
placed in observer and silenced for 20 seconds

Speed tank time
17.5 seconds

IMPORTANT FOR ALL PLAYERS!

In CTF (and any other league) we use wide open port settings to minimize lag. This is an easy modifcation you can do to your TT application that will increase the maximum speed that data can flow in and out of your comuter to the server. NUTS! and several other folks worked very hard to optimize these settings (same as last PSL and TBML). If you haven't done so already, please follow this brief tutorial: http://nutstank.googlepages.com/changingthepref.cs It is imperative that all players do this!

Vista users: please note there are some differences you need to know. See here for more details.
PLEASE CHECK THIS THREAD OFTEN

About Capture The Flag Recreation

Capture The Flag (CTF) was originally created for ThinkTanks by -z- / Garage Games and was a massively popular gametype for many players, 2 CTF league seasons were also completed. Unfortunately CTF has been missing from our server list for around 2 years as the game script and maps were never released to the community by the creators and as such could not be hosted by any of our own popular community dedicated servers.

Over time there have been many threads created about the lack of CTF and the fact that there are many players who very much miss this game. The original CTF players mostly agree that CTF is the game of all games for ThinkTanks as it takes both battlemode and scrum skills to win.

In September 2008 Mr Phobik came up with the idea of trying to recreate the original CTF maps, this was a fantastic concept but needed a team of people with various skills to get the project off the ground and actually deliver a finished product. Dazzle acted as project leader and creator of the maps but needed the knowledge of LONEWOLF (and his amazing memory) to set out the maps as near as possible to the originals. Art Crazy was also enlisted as chief scripter to write the new CTF gametype code. Various other members of the ThinkTanks community also assisted with information on the special aspects of CTF including the weapons, speed tanks, and scoring systems.

So after 6 months and many hours of combined work CTF Recreation has been produced, a project that has come a long way from the start and a gametype that we are all extremely proud of making and finally bringing back to our server list.

CTF Recreation Map Screen Shots
Medulla Mesa
Hypothalamus Hills
Freudian Forest
Hippocampus Hollow
Comatose Canyon
Greymatter Gorge
Synaptic Slopes
Neurotic Nexus
Receptor Ridge
Cranium Crater
Ganglia Gully
Pituitary Pit
NOTE TO SERVER ADMINS/CAPTAINS
//---- CTF RECREATION MISSION LIST ----\\

//---- Instant Action CTF maps ----\\

//Lush

CTF_IARecreation_TT1_1.mis Medulla Mesa
CTF_IARecreation_TT1_2.mis Hypothalamus Hills
CTF_IARecreation_TT1_4.mis Freudian Forest

//Spooky

CTF_IARecreation_TT2_1.mis Hippocampus Hollow
CTF_IARecreation_TT2_2.mis Comatose Canyon
CTF_IARecreation_TT2_3.mis Greymatter Gorge

//Tan

CTF_IARecreation_TT3_1.mis Cranium Crater
CTF_IARecreation_TT3_2.mis Ganglia Gully
CTF_IARecreation_TT3_3.mis Pituitary Pit

//Frantic

CTF_IARecreation_TT4_1.mis Synaptic Slopes
CTF_IARecreation_TT4_3.mis Neurotic Nexus
CTF_IARecreation_TT4_4.mis Receptor Ridge

This thread can be modified by Supratank or KALOWDEEPEW!

:argue:
CTFLeague
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Capture The Flag League

Post by CTFLeague »

Again, the CTF league will start in the coming weeks. There will be a CTF pre-season game one week after the draft. The draft should happen in 1 week. I am still trying to work out server issues and graphics. 13 weeks including pre-season game. Thanks for your patience! Again feel free to shoot me an email, skype, or PM
Feedback on thread is appreciated.
-Cloud
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

Great! Keep er rolling, cant wait.
supratank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by supratank »

Update on Captains:

Jay, Cloud, Tankerbel, Belikin

Looks like 5 teams...
"For the love of all that is good and holy.... Don't back up Feathers!!!"
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

Sounds good. 5 teams means 6 players per team, which should allow all teams to field 5 players with a back-up to spare.

Thoughts on this thread: Looks pretty good with all the important info. Only complaint is I think the screenshots of the maps make the header too long.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Capture The Flag League 3.0: Season Mode

Post by LGM »

Ok... problem here for hosting.

I have two machines I can use. One is my server, the other is the laptop I usually play on. However, I have that registration issue with my laptop. If I can't resolve that, I won't be able to host and play, but could do one of those.

If I have to choose, I'll play, but not host. I'll keep you posted... the last e-mail from GG says:
Weirdness. I can't replicate any of the in-game problems, but I have replicated the offline page's problem and will send it to the webteam.
THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by THE V »

I'm not going to play but you need a server I'll toss one up on my little laptop. It favor's the West coasters of course.
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

Smacko!!! This baby is in full swing! This coming Tuesday, captains will draft their teams. (Does this work for everybody?)
The following Tuesday will begin the pre-season games. (and make sure everything runs smoothly as we have not had a CTF league in many years)
The following Tuesday we will begin the season.

At this point, it looks like 5 or 6 players a team.

If anybody else has interest in captaining, let me know.
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
aaa
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by aaa »

Haha.. I did what you guys said about the packet size.
I wonder who's team I will be on.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Server packs will be available by the end of the weekend. Hosters when you get the pack please make sure you read the instructions carefully as the CTF server set up is a little different from what you may be use to. If you have any questions about the server set up please contact me via skype or email.