DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Capture the Flag League Sign Ups - Version 2.0

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Capture the Flag League Sign Ups - Version 2.0

Post by Salmon Sam »

in, but count me as a backup. i can be there every other tuesday starting this tuesday
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
Rooster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rooster »

I'd like to open a friendly discussion on performance and overall enjoyment
This in not in any form a critique - I'm Dazzles biggest fan

Here's my observations and suggestions:
1. The Skull Tanks do move differently than the standard ones
(I would put it to a captains vote)
2. The animations are awesome but soes anyone else's screen blip when the goal lits up?
(I would put it to a captains vote)
3. I game felt sluggish to me even when alone
(a quick edit of tank speeds in the league missions might suffice)
Probably need to ask Daz about that - Phobiks server is ususally fine for me
Meh! maybe it was just the day or time or....

Your thoughts?
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Some players don't like the flame animation on the goals, and I must say that on some maps it does impede line of sight, but hell it looks good :tankerwinks: However if you dont like it or dont want it in your game a while back I made a quick fix to remove the goal flame animation and the wooden flame bar that circles the top of the goal.

Download the fix from here and extract the contents of the zip file, inside is a readme file on the quick simple installation of the fix: http://www.box.net/shared/static/hsmby8ohg1.zip

Here are the comparison charts for the CTF tanks.
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

Big thanks for the comparisons and the fix to get rid of the flame animations (I like them, but I'll have to decide whether or not I want then for league play.)

Looks like all of the tanks accelerate faster, brake slower, and turn slower, and are more heavily armored. Light tank goes slower at max speed, while the other tanks goes faster. Granted, all of the changes are slight, but that just means it'll throw us off when we least expect it. So, my thoughts are that while we can get used to the differences, do we want to? Going from the modified tanks back to regular ones (aka going from CTF to TBM or TS) will likely throw people off.

Personally, it won't bother me much, because I don't have a lot of time to play TT anymore. Since the transition wouldn't be an issue, I'd just have to make an effort to get used to the changes before the league starts.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
Breaka
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Breaka »

thanks for the fix! i think the goal animation was the only issue I had with the special effects.
By what factor are the rates increased by if you go through a speed gate, though? Also, is the factor constant for all tanks, or does it vary depending on what tank you're using?

This Q is more for everyone else -- will tank switching be allowed in the middle of a game?
If so, we might need to make it so that people can't switch to a lighter tank to give themselves freshies. But it would be pretty cool to see all kinds of strategies people come up with if tank switching is allowed though (ie. switching to a light tank for faster travel then switching back, or switching to a heavier, bigger tank to guard a speed gate while also using that speed gate to be bigger, faster than everyone else). Everyone will probably have hotkeys for tank switching.

If tank switching is allowed, will we be limited a number of times we can switch tanks in order to prevent people from possibly "abusing" it or just being plain annoying? Again, this would introduce new strategies like rotating who carries the flag at the goal, or who defends the speed gate, etc

I still don't know if I'll join this though :P Depends what time the games start I guess
-Breaka (CANADIAN BEER)
Image Image
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

With the speed gate all tanks change to the following settings, it was done this way so that all speed tanks are equal which means that heavies can get around the maps fast and play a part in CTF - and before anyone suggests it no I cant change it so that different tanks have different speeds :razz:

maxSpeed = 22.5; // meters per second (in forward direction)
accelRate = 22.5; // increase velocity this many meters per second
deccelRate = 30.0; // when breaking, decrease velocity
turnRate = 65.0; // degrees per second
antiSlideRate = 25.5;
turretHorRange = 53.5; // range in +/- degrees of turret horizontally
turretAutoLevel = 0.92;
damageAmount = 11.8; // total amount of damage tank can withstand
suspensionRange = 0.8; // proportion of wheel size for wheel to move up/down
damageScale = 1.0; // multiply damage we do to others by this amount
armorScale = 1.0; // multiply damage we take by this amount (note: smaller better)

With regard to the tank changers the admin script allows them to be turned off so that clients cant change themselves, only an admin can change a clients tank. If this is done whatever tank a player wants the admin will have to give it to them before the game starts and then that is the tank they play with for that game.

Man I wish I could play in this league but to late for me I need my zzzzz's these days :(
supratank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by supratank »

My thoughts on the above - again this is not from a design stand point but my thoughts for the league - on some of what has been posted:

Fire above the goal is very cool - but does inhibit line of sight for approaching enemies. My thought is that its not in the league games..

No tank switching mid game... even though its interesting breaka to be able to do this... I think its equally interesting (albeit different) to pick a tank at the beginning and go with a strategy with a chance to change the tank at mid game perhaps.

I am fine with the skull tanks...

ALSO the deadline for signing up will be Jan 17. So we have one week. Game times at 9:30est.
"For the love of all that is good and holy.... Don't back up Feathers!!!"
Breaka
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Breaka »

Ok I'm in, but I can only promise that I'll be able to make it to maybe half of the games since I sometimes have classes on Tuesday nights.

One more question -- will the teamkill penalty be turned off?
-Breaka (CANADIAN BEER)
Image Image
gray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by gray »

All minor changes to the game as-is take considerable time for Daz to implement.

Daz, we're going to double your pay, no wait, triple.
Rooster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rooster »

Sorry Fellas
Life has taken a wicked turn....drop me from the roster
I wont be around for a while
g/l and have a fun season!!!