DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Mixed Bag League Interest

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

Garchomp XPL-BMT
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Mixed Bag League Interest

Post by Garchomp XPL-BMT »

Me and Gray were chatting in a server recently, and I threw out an idea about a "Triathlon League". We talked more, and it escalated to a Mixed Bag idea.
Our idea was that one week would be TBM.
Next week would be TS. Then Rollerball the next week, and it continues for other weeks with Racing and possibly Speedscrum.
Sounds complicated, right? Actually, it can become quite easy to understand once you think about it.
I have absolutely zero league experience, so this is just an idea. If you are interested, please post here.

Requirements:
1. You don't have to be good, but you need to act as a team player, be mature enough, and able to make times.
2. You must be able to get into CTF Servers, and possibly other maps. You can get this from Daz's Upgrade Pack: http://forums.planetthinktanks2.com/Thi ... =13&t=2912

Joining Process:
You don't need to be some gifted player that is the best of the best. Just follow this!
1. Say directly whether you show interest or not. Don't try to hint at it, I won't catch on.
2. Please say what times you can make it. Best day to play, AM or PM, which time zone...
3. Please say if you are willing to captain. List aliases you might use so we can know who you are.

Possible Times:
Any day is fine... As long as the times are right.
I am assuming most can make 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
However, some people do have other things to do in this time period (Such as church, soccer pratice, etc.).
Please post so I can add other times here.
Sunday: 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM

Possible Games:
Team Battlemode
Team Scrum
Rollerball
King of the Hill
Relay Racing
Keepaway
Speedscrum

Current interest:
Outwing -SA-
Gray -SA-
Stiffler -SA-
LONEWOLF
Tankerbel
aaa
Last edited by Garchomp XPL-BMT on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:09 am, edited 9 times in total.
Teasing *Sheena* (and being teased back) since... FOREVER...

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mixed Bag League Interest

Post by LGM »

How about Keepaway?

I'd like more info on your TS/Race idea
Garchomp XPL-BMT
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Keepaway... Sounds interesting for this. I will see if others agree later.
I assume that you are assuming that TS and Racing would be at the same time. This is not so. One game would be played for one day, and then another day in the week it would be the other gametype. It alternates between weeks. Please say so if this is not what you meant.

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

You got it... I thought it was some hybrid of racing and TS... which sounds weird but possibly interesting. I was thinking of one of T-Bone's mods. It has TS in the middle and racing around the outside.

Alternating makes sense to me, but I wasn't thinking of it that way.
*Stiffler

Post by *Stiffler »

bring some spice into tt i like it well if it sores and we do it count me in
Garchomp XPL-BMT
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

^ Didn't really understand that. I'll just put you down as a maybe.

*Stiffler

Post by *Stiffler »

put me in
supratank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by supratank »

This is not a bad idea... but I think the timing isnt that great. We have TBML going, and PSL about to start in a month or so, not to mention a CTF league planned already for the fall.

My 2 cents... maybe wait until beginning of the year or late fall and do this as a 3-6 week tournament, pick and assemble your best team to compete... rather than a league.

Whatever you decide... I wish you well. :-)
"For the love of all that is good and holy.... Don't back up Feathers!!!"
gray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by gray »

GRAB BAG LEAGUE (keep your hands to yourself)

Don't forget speedscrum, rollerball.

I like this idea for an upcoming league. It's for SUPREME TT'r, that should be enough to feed everyone's ego (note to self::: work on a catchy name for this, grab bag league just sounds wrong, probably don't use the word "bag" in there at all."

Sticking to 1 game type per week will probably be the best case. Our hosts already do plenty behind the scenes. As far as I know, you can't have a server automatically switch from Scrum to TBM without restarting (which means hosts would have to reset and restart after each game, everyone would have to leave and come back, adding time. anguish.

The younger ones will get exposed to expert play in the older gametypes. The vets will have to check their ego's and learn a new mod. I hang my ego at Rollerball's door.
belikin
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by belikin »

This league would be a great idea. Im glad i thought of it.