DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

**League Idea (PLEASE READ)**

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

TankerBel
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

**League Idea (PLEASE READ)**

Post by TankerBel »

I know this thread is about leagues, but it will get more attention here, move it if you must...

Alrighty, recently games have been average, lacking excitement and other key elements they used to contain (bolo). PSL 15 just ended and it was an absolute blast, providing action packed games through-out the whole season. In march (i think) wOOt hosted a cash tourny that me and fishtank whopped everyone in. (Thanks woot for donating the $100). Those 6 games were some of the most intense 15 minute spands of my life. The element of winning the $50 made them sooooo much more fun. I was just thinking, what do you guys think about mixing the two ideas of PSL and a cash tourny. Trying to get 30 some odd players and having 6 teams (either 5 or 6 people on each). Everyone could pay $10 to get in, and there could be 2 games a week for 10 or so weeks. At the end, there could be a four team playoff and then each team moves on from there to the finals. If we had 6 teams of 6 (36 players) that would be $360. The team who wins in the finals would receive $240 of the cash ($40/person) And the second placed team would recieve the other $120 ($20/person). The way I see it, this game costed us $20 and has provided 3+ years of fun. I personally think that coughing up the $10 would be worth the 10 weeks worth of intense fun. And on top of that the possibility of winning some cash.
Also, there wouldn't be any attendence issues because the people have thrown in the money, so they will definatly stick around for the whole season.

Me and fishtank know what its like to make a living pwning you noobs, you guys should try it.

Whuddya think?
"and started calling me obey beach. Cmon angels, how to response?" -RinSlow (1/28/09)
"TAKE IT YOU CRAY BABY" -LONEWOLF (11/16/08)
"Chunkers Snicker at Me." -Professor (3/1/93)
~*Kill-You*~
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Re: **League Idea (PLEASE READ)**

Post by ~*Kill-You*~ »

Hmm...
1. This is not Posted in Leages

2. I LOVE THE IDEA

3. Im in :monkey:
"I realize its my duty to for fill people's dreams" -Me
Leechy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Leechy »

Love the idea man but you also have to figure in the economy. I recently lost my job due to a cutback of employees. Another thing is how are you going to be so sure that you will recieve the money. Now I'm not saying that I dont trust anyone, it's just that you never know. Also people may be scarce about giving out their addresses and all of that Jazz. I agree that there is a lack of good scrum games. Mostly to the reason that im not on that much anymore. (:... Other than that I do love the idea you just have to figure in what may happen. Heck THe money could get lost in the mail. I just dont really trust people with the money that i would win :)
Bleh, Beat me, you die =P
Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

Pretty grandiose idea. Good luck organizing. Sounds like loads of fun, if the organization is there.
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

count me out for anything that has to do with mixing TT and playing for money.

in the four plus years i have been playing and the countless leagues i have participated in, one thing keeps bringing me back...the players whom i feel fortunate enough to call friends. those who participate in the leagues are talented, witty, and full of class. i get a blast outta hanging with them for those 15 minute increments. i dont want their money nor do i want to put up my own to add some extra element of incentive. its enough that they are who they are.

i can understand that some maybe interested in doing something like this. i had no problem with Woot or anyone else who did the Cash Tourney over the summer. but had had ZERO interest in it at the time and will not participate in anything like it in the future.

i have a job to make money...when im not doing that i play TT. for me...the two shall not mix.

my 2 cents...and thats all yer gettin. :)
Dont Go Ninja'in Nobody Don't Need Ninja'in