DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Worldclass TS League

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

Cannon-Dale J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Worldclass TS League

Post by Cannon-Dale J »

I have been meaning to do something on this for a while, but essentially because of PSL & being too busy haven't done anything.

PSL are the only competitive games in town these days & I can't play (bah humbug). I know there ere quite a few others who can't also. I have requested some flexibility from PSL on play times, but there is none.

Anyways, on the brink of jacking TT the other day, but @ure came back & cheered me up. Chatted in game last night with w00t also & decided to give it at least one last try.

I know there is a decent pool of good quality players out there (Dazzle, Ooffa, etc etc who may play). I know there is some fun to be had.

I am not intending another ESL. I don't want to limit this to Euros (I know it didn't...) & server could be US (favourite would be Roos, at least us Euros have 'some' bullets in there). My experience is that we are used to the penalty, if it is swapped around US players get an adverse experience (I know there are some up for giving it a crack x).

My thought is for teams of 3 (lag is OK, but become tricky with 4s) & also not expecting a massive pool of players.

No idea when Sun 10pm (5pm EST)?.... TBD essentially. I would like to include w00t...

I just want some intense but but games, fixed teams with some friends & not hack anyone off. Competition is fine, but not to the extent where fun is compromised.

I don't have masses of time to manage this, so maybe teams should sort themselves. Some help would be great.

Stick some thoughts down & maybe I/we can give this a shot. The more feedback the better.
Talking poppycock for as long as I remember...
@uré
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: TS Games

Post by @uré »

^ you still now I'm in.
We've thought about gamers we see at our times : belikin, gray, sometimes rooster, deano, oxtox, delta, jangles sometimes, get some & of course euros...
On my own I thought not only at sunday. See yesterday was great : 4vs4 for 2 games & many at 3vs3. Looks doable.
:rockon:

PS we ask it w/ cannon 'cause most servers have become unplayable due to ping...
Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

I'm still around, but I'm under alias more because my wife knows my TT name. But I've seen you guys play. So if you see that random guy who seems to know what to do with the scrum, but all of a sudden ping hits triple digits, that's me in disguise. For some reason, school connection does that.

Let me know if you guys set something more definite, I'm itching for some TS. In the meantime, back to the baby and finals I go.
deano
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by deano »

well what if it were say earlier in a sat or sunday, say perhaps 12 noon EST which would be around waht 4 or 5 pm euro time? i could make it anytime on a saturday even at say 8 in the morn...we could make this happen, im interested here... the world scrum league may be in order.

"TT was the best twenty bucks i ever spent" Dad 2006
Cannon-Dale J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cannon-Dale J »

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Have a PM form another interested player, so hope some other (decent :p) players express an interest.

Fill me in on what happens in US on week-ends (which I am assuming is best to cross time-zones. Don't those NFL games last 12 hours or so with 60 minutes of actual play? Surely you could fit 3 TS games in one of the conflabs... I think a Euro evening/ night to US day. What time can you play till @ure?

erm MM (time-zone expert). Our clocks went back, have yours? We still 5 hours between GMT & EST (never know central or Pacific...
Talking poppycock for as long as I remember...
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

CD I am in and my server is available if wanted.
Rooster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Worldclass TS League

Post by Rooster »

Hi all
I've renamed this thread and once interst grows an official Worldclass sign up thread
will be started in the League Section

What Cannon Dale has suggested mirrored a discussion CB and I were having about
a PSL offshoot to be set at an earlier timeframe
General Vig brought this up in leagues and while favorably recieved I think the time frame
to closely echoed PSL and as such was undoable

What CD and I are proposing is the Worldclass Scrum League
Played on Sat at 5 or 6 pm EDT in a 3v3 format
Maps to be decided
Servers so far Daz and Roo
I intend to ask dash and/or Phobik for a third

This will generate a greater pool of tankers
Both Euro and East coast - as well as anywho wish to rock along
Draft and Rules and Scoring will be the same as PSL with edits for a 3v3 league
Trophy will be different...

Post here if this is up your alley
Sat TS league - 5pm EDT
Mr Phobik
Site Mechanic
Site Mechanic

Post by Mr Phobik »

I am available for hosting if needed.
abtreavis
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by abtreavis »

I'll play if you want =D.
In game Names (with -0- tags in front of names): Treavis, Farjung, DaMIge!

TankerBel
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by TankerBel »

Me
"and started calling me obey beach. Cmon angels, how to response?" -RinSlow (1/28/09)
"TAKE IT YOU CRAY BABY" -LONEWOLF (11/16/08)
"Chunkers Snicker at Me." -Professor (3/1/93)