DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Scrum League consideration

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scrum League consideration

Post by CB »

If there is enough interest in a East division of the scrum league, the possibility of more players and a more interesting playoff schedule can be possible. I'm just thinking I'm not the only one who finds 10 eastern a late start. We can do a 8pm eastern start and possibly include many more players. This is just a thought and would like to hear from anyone who would play In the scrum league if you can get your matches in earlier. Thoughts or interest?
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
Ass_Clone_Army

Re: Scrum League consideration

Post by Ass_Clone_Army »

Interesting idea. I imagine this may split the league into smaller divisions. I for one can't do earlier than 10pm as I have family obligations before then. Once the kiddies are in bed is the best time for me. However, I imagine it may be the opposite for those without young children.
TankerBel
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by TankerBel »

that sounds good for me, but we'd loose some of the best players. I like PSL though
"and started calling me obey beach. Cmon angels, how to response?" -RinSlow (1/28/09)
"TAKE IT YOU CRAY BABY" -LONEWOLF (11/16/08)
"Chunkers Snicker at Me." -Professor (3/1/93)
Quantum
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Quantum »

The time would definitely be a bit more convenient for me than PSL. I would probably play.
Attention!!! I have four limbs and a head!
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

I'm assuming this would not be an alternative league , but a re-formulation of PSL?
Trying to start a second league would probably not be very realistic due to reliable numbers of players available, though I could be wrong.
I could see the possibility of a eastern division and a western division, the winners of each could play for the finals.
That would enable there to be different start times for the respective time zones.
People could elect to be drafted to the early time slot or later (east or west) or be available for either.

Advantages to this would be east coasters would be included that are excluded from current game times.
This could widen the league, include more players - always a good thing.

My fears about it would be that it simple is always better. When you start having different time slots it just becomes a bit more complicated for players and hosters alike - perhaps not insurmountable.
I am also wary of anything that would put more imbalance into the league.
The key to a strong league and maximum fun for all is some relative parity of talent and team strength.
I'm not sure how the east west division would break down there and how that would affect it.
Also one positive aspect of the league is the teams re-shuffling and getting to play with different players each season, this division approach would constrain the available pool for teams.

Always worth discussing.. perhaps a poll would be useful here -, those that would prefer one time vs the other, those thatdont care, those for which one time slot is a deal breaker or not.
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

I'm sorry , I thought it was clear that it would be a extension of the psl league. I don't in any way want to slow down the league and its progress and PSL has been very strong and attracted and kept many players interest. I just wish to expand this to include the rest of the USA's time restricted players and possibly some euros.

@ baba, you summed up what I have in mind perfectly. I prefer to hear actual feedback rather than a poll. If this idea can't come together and thrive and hurts PSL what so ever I'd say abolish the idea. Really I'm curious as to how many other would prefer a earlier time slot and if its possible to have 2 divisions.

I'd really love to play PSL but It's just too inconvenient.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

depending on the day of the week i could do an earlier start time. on some nights (including psl nights) i teach and dont get home until after 9pm.

some type of regional division could be interesting. i always hope more euro players would become interested and start a separate league. i know attempts have been made but with limited success. interleague play is interesting tho...just have to have a 2nd successful league. not an easy task.
Dont Go Ninja'in Nobody Don't Need Ninja'in
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Its a shame because I would love to play in PSL, but I cant justify getting up at 4 or 4 am to play a tanks game - no matter how much I want to and have considered doing this. I have played a few seasons of TBML which from memory is a 8pm EST start, which is about 1am here so thats not to bad and I could live with that. So yes if there were a 2nd league starting no later than 8pm EST I would be in. Although I agree 100% with CB, I would not want in anyway for an additional league to have any sort of detrimental effect on PSL.

We indeed ran an ESL (Euro scrum League) last year, was good fun and we managed to get 4 teams up with some great games. Cannon is talking about starting something similar soon so we will see what happens with that.
Shietzen McGrege
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Shietzen McGrege »

^ if Some folks are willing to get another esl league going i would be happy to play but alas it seems a bit dry at the moment, My parents are considering letting me play in next seasons psl but its the times which matter and i would make timings a bit easyer if more consideration was givin towards the east coast TTers
Brainfart...
Cannon-Dale J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cannon-Dale J »

I'm similar to Daz & yes am thinking of a small league at an earlier start time with no impact on PSL. ESL was a nice idea & was loads of fun, but was too poorly attended to roll. With the in-activity of armies there is nothing other than PSL at present, so something is required as a competive & fun alternative.
Talking poppycock for as long as I remember...