DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

ESL - EuroScrum League ::: SeasonMode

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

Jay
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Jay »

So its iPimp v Fo Fo at 8:45 tonight right?

EDIT: ^ Indeed it is Mr. Miyagi!
cpt Rik
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by cpt Rik »

Wax on...wax off...wax on...wax off.

@daz: I do believe it is just the WLFF map you need up tonight

Dumbledore!
OoFfa
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by OoFfa »

Leave the Wax on Rik it makes moving the mouse easier....honest.

See you all tonight pimples
OoFfa
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by OoFfa »

Pimps, good games last night although I/we thought we'd done enough for a win first game.

Daz, tried changing my settings last night along with a host of other tweeks to see if I could improve my fire rate. For some reason I was pinging 120-150 in your server, and probably have been for all the other games. This on it's own wasn't too strange until I found that @ure was pinging around 80-90 and Jay & Co. pinging a lot lower still. I checked and restarted my router but nothing so far has made a difference. I know Cannon has the same issues as me and he lives about 30 miles from me. Its too late for this season but I was really looking forward to seriously toasting a few tanks. Any ideas?

Cheers

OoFfa
@uré
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by @uré »

^ eh...yes that's soo bad for us... good games yesterday pimps

Ooffa : At the beginning of the season I was at 180ms, now I'm around 110 (sometimes under) : I've change my router settings : I can choose ping settings. well that mean that sometimes if I lag I get more disconnected than before. W/ higher ping I get less disconnect (but 180 is really a limit after playin at 60-80 for 3 years...). (I've tried lower ping...& completely lost the connection (I had to set it back from work lol...) : I'm too far form emitter for very low ping).

Na hif you can do something we may can finish the season w/ a win no ?

Take all care
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

@ Off

Weird very weird, you should be less that 100 for sure. Do you have DMZ or QoS features on your router? If so try using these features as it will help.

I take it you saw my post (above) about TT tweaks and latency, apart from that I really do not have any other ideas.

Go to http://www.speedtest.net and test your connection to the london and new york servers, see what speed you are getting.
OoFfa
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by OoFfa »

Daz,

Don't want to take over ESL thread so i'll keep this short, my router is here http://www.tech.co.uk/computing/network ... imo-router and I've touched nothing in the settings. I'll have a look and see if there is anything I can tweak. I may open up the packet size and see what that does and i'll PM you the speedtest results.

Thanks for the help and sorry to be a pain but these guys don't know how lucky they were to avoid the full force of my guns :wink: lol

Oof
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

^ Ok man send me the stuff and lets see what we can do.

@ ESL

I have a huge problem, my ISP (virgin) which gives me a great connection, has a major fault. I have been on the phone for 45 minutes trying to get the problem fixed, however they have detected a cable fault which means that my usual 18 meg down and 750 kbs up connection is running at less than 1 meg down and only 30kbs up - I have attempted to host and play TT but my ping is over 700 and my server is basically useless, hence its absence from the server list.

This has never happened in the 5 years I have been with my ISP so its obviously a serious problem, and although they have assured me that they will try to fix whatever the problem is from their end I have an engineer booked for Monday morning to come to my house and fix the problem.

So unless there is a miracle (yes they sometime do happen but not very often) I will not be able to host or play in tonights game, and if they cannot get the problem fixed the same goes for Tuesday's matches.

I will email the commish and all captains about this problem. Apologies for this but I have done as much as I can at this stage so am totally in the hands of my ISP.

When I get home from work (about 7pm GMT) I will check the connection, if all seems good I will run tonights game server, but if its the same as now then I am sorry tonights game is impossible for me to host or play.
Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Scyth »

If you get home and it is not working ok then the game will be rescheduled. One sub ok, but you d be leaving GiGi to play as the Lonely Arrow Slut.. this is bad news.. Very bad news..

I hope you and/or virgin get it solved very quickly. Keep us up to date!

We re-reschedule the game, no point Dazz. As a matter of fact it does not really work out for me today with schoolwork..
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
Gigi
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Gigi »

In fact it suits me too. I have a presentation on Monday for a big project in group and I have to see the others to make this presentation. But if Dazz can play, I will arrange me