DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

no leagues? huh?

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, League Moderators

Bolo
Tanks a Wreck
Tanks a Wreck

no leagues? huh?

Post by Bolo »

no tbm, no psycho, no ctf and rollerball was a joke

isnt it about time we do something?
B

-Madly in love with Rogue as of August, 2007
niKo
Tanks a Wreck
Tanks a Wreck

-+-

Post by niKo »

Yep. The usual organizers haven't been stepping up - perhaps some other people could start them up. I was hoping to get some kinda thing in summer, but seems like the 3 on 3 TBML's dead too.

+niKo.
Remember.
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

it would be nice to have more leauges. I would be interested in joining one if someone wants to start a new leauge. I am too busy with things that i wont be able to set one up. May be i can think of something before school starts
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
Feathers McGraw
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Feathers McGraw »

Yah I love all the "I'd love to do this league" stuff... and then the same people don't show up to the matches.

Not picking out anyone in particular, but that's what kills leagues... no shows.

I mean, the matches I've played in the Rollerball League (which has just died) were really frakkin FUN! But people not showing up caused it to be just pickup matches and not actual games...we only had the equivalent of 3 "quarter teams" and one "3/4 team"..... That just pisses me off! :mad:
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

As ^ pointed out, its not the organizers' faults, its the people's fault. Rollerball league was well organized and had a server up at the right time. What killed it was lack of participation, not lack of organization. Certain events take place here on PTT2 that push some away and very few new people are joining TT. From this, you can see why participation in leagues continues to grow smaller.

Truth be told guys, we all know TT is dieing. GG won't do anything, and with said certain events taking place, the community here probably won't do much either. Its not that unexpected that leagues are dieing off. People say they'll show, and then they don't (rollerball was a prefect example). I'm interested to see how the next PSL/TBML season turns out.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

the summer is always tough to run leagues. too many vacations.

PSL has a very strong following but we have had to trim back on the number of teams. It could use a bit of new blood but i think it will be fine regardless.

TBML is in need of new blood. i think a recruiting campaign needs to happen. i remember being brought into the leagues by tankor when he approached me in the servers. we should all try to recruit in the next couple of weeks with the expectation that something will get going in the fall. i have already strongly urged Dad to sign up. he is a good guy and a much improved player. i think i peaked his interest and is ready to participate.

Setting up servers with bots renamed to advertise upcoming leagues is something we should bring back. i remember when it was being done that it drew alot of fresh faces. we have lost alot of the top talents in the last year or so and i think we should use the leagues to groom some new players. i think this will also help bring the community closer together.

i am definately ready for the next PSL. i could be persuaded to do TBML even tho i havent really enjoyed the last couple of seasons i have played. i do think it could be rejuvinated and am willing to give it another try.
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

also...i really think we should look to maintain teams from season to season and hold drafts according to how many players a team loses. we need rivalries to develop. this would help to attract players wanting to get drafted to certain teams. we could even entertain the idea of trades. just some thoughts.
Reagent X
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Reagent X »

PSL 13 will be starting in September. Just waiting until after Labor day.
-Rx
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

^^ I would love to have that happen. You could get drafted into a team of players you enjoy playing with, get to play with them very well over time (with a little vairety due to drop-outs and new drafts), and build up great competition.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
dad
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by dad »

Get Some is right, there is not much info about the leagues given to noobs like me. There are some new players that are pretty good. From my perspective they will not participate unless asked to do so. Like it or not, when you are new to this site, you are definitely on the outside looking in and usually not included unless you are a "vet".

When the leagues start up, please keep me in mind, I am interested in participating.

Thanks