DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Rollerball Season I: Sign-ups.

Create or join leagues here! (TBML, PSL, etc)

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, League Moderators

jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Rollerball Season I: Sign-ups.

Post by jedirieb »

I've always liked Rollerball, a gametype similar to scrum. It has simplicity to it, because you still are trying to get the scrum into a goal. Only with Dazzle's invention, there are two goals, a timer, set spawn-points, etc. The only problem with this is that there are usually very few people (if any at all), in the Rollerball server.

I want to change this with a league. This would give us all a reason to get together and play Rollerball, with teams of up to 4 vs 4 (possibly 5 vs 5 if lag is good, but unlikely with a gametype like this). The season will start on Monday, June 11th, at 9:30 EST, with drafts about two weeks beforehand (these two dates may get pushed back, depending on the amount of people who sign up). My goal is to have six teams with six players each, and a few players as back-ups in the pool. This probably won't happen, but we'll see how far we can get on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rollerball thread: http://planetthinktanks2.com/viewtopic.php?t=468
Rollerball download (fastest download): http://www.radiatorgames.com/ThinkTanks/predownloadrollerball.zip

It is required that everyone modifies their TT folder accordingly to the notes on the following webpage made by Nuts. This will help to reduce lag greatly, but only if everyone follows it (as has been shown in PSL). Thanks Nuts!: http://nutstank.googlepages.com/changingthepref.cs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is needed:
-4-6 Captains (depending on amount of players)
-40 participants (24 for 4 teams of 6)

-Commissioner: Jedirieb

-Captains: TBD

-Players signed-up ( 18 ): Jedirieb, icEPiraka, Sersh, Cadc(*), Gray K., General Vig., Supra, Dazzle, Feathers McGraw, Leopard, Lonewolf, Player36(*), Bolo, CannedSplam, Tinkerbell(*), Jerry, Ollvar, Brandon

* Might be able to play.

Thanks to Dazzle, Cannedsplam, and everyone else who worked on Rollerball for a great gametype, and great maps to go along with them!
Last edited by jedirieb on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 18 times in total.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

I thought this was going to be at an earlier time?
Born-Again Christian
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

^ The later time is to allow for West Coasters to get off of work and have enough time to eat before playing. Besides, you'll be out of school by then, right? You should be able to stay up until 9:30 during the summer.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

^ No, I can't stay up past 9:30, which stinks. Hope you have a good tourney. :wink:
Born-Again Christian
icEPiraka
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by icEPiraka »

9:30 EST? Perect timing Jedi! I'm in.

-icEP!-SA
Sersh
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Sersh »

I would LOVE to join, count me in. :)

Wow, seriously AO1? I'm usually up until around 12:45 - 1:00 AM on a school night.
Cadc
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Cadc »

Well sign me up, and lets hope destiny's beside me :wink: :wink:
Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

So far this tourney has nothing but SAers. :lol: (One ex-SA)

EDIT: Ok, the ex-SA is now an SAer... :lol:
Last edited by Army of One on Thu May 10, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born-Again Christian
Sersh
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Sersh »

Oh wow, you're right, lol.

Speaking of which, I'm going to ask If I can join again, I'm allowed to, right?
Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

^ See SA thread 8)
Born-Again Christian