DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Need help from anyone that uses GIMP

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

blitzer
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Need help from anyone that uses GIMP

Post by blitzer »

Well I finally learned how to make animations, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this:

I made an animation, but forgot to change the speed and its set on 100 milliseconds still. I try to resave it, but it keeps the same speed...any help?

Also I was wondering if I can change the speed between layers instead of the whole animation being set on just one speed...

BTW: Anyone who refers to photoshop as being better, I will personally ask them to remove their posts.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

GQ

Post by GQ »

When you resave the animation try renameing it next time along with the speed change. Also you can only set 1 speed for the gif as far as I have been able to find out.
blitzer
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by blitzer »

Yea, its wierd, I tried renaming it, yet it still had the same speed... Of course, I probably did the wrong thing

Interesting read Fish, thanks... helped alot with the timing question

I found out how to edit the timing thanks.

LOCK please
Yarkl
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Yarkl »

Filters>Animation>Optimize(for GIF)

Then open the layers window, change the numbers inside the ( )s. They're set at 100ms for default, so change each individual frame speed to whatever you like.

Hope that helps :)

Yark

EDIT: Why don't I ever read the posts above me?
blitzer
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by blitzer »

Okay need more help. There is a certain image on a white background that I want to put into another image. The problem is every time I try to do it the image is put on the new image yet so is the white -_-...

here is the image I want but I basically need it on a transparent background. I need a GIMP user who has more experience with it to show me how they exactly did it: