DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Anyone know of a good spyware/anti-virus system I can buy

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

SoapScrum

Post by SoapScrum »

Racer445 wrote:The mac losers should GTFO in advance... kthxbai.

Stay away from Norton. Even though popular, it's ineffective.

Spyware Doctor, Spy Sweeper, McAfee, and AVG are all good choices. If you are a casual PC user who downloads a lot and plays games every now and then, get one of those. Most have Real-time scanning, which is constantly looking through your drive and scanning things. If it finds anything it should alert you and ask if you want to fix it.

Very agreed. I once used norton and it failed to delete a trojan from my machine, which is when I installed SpySweeper.
UAE Dragon

Post by UAE Dragon »

well i think Kaspersky Anti-Virus is the best :wink:
MJ
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by MJ »

The mac losers should GTFO in advance... kthxbai.

Real nice Loser....err Racer. No Mac user said a word and you start flaming us. How petty and juvenile are you?

@KKB,

I run AD-Aware and SpyBot on my work laptop. They do a good job with the spyware and adware. My company uses CA's eTrust anti-virus software on our PCs. We also use their PestPatrol product to clean spyware off our customer's PCs. I have installed the Free AVG Anti-virus software (mentioned by TankRaT) for others. I haven't heard any complaints from them.

Don't forget about a firewall package, especially if you have a laptop. Zone Alarm (http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en) is a popular, free firewall package from Check Point. We run the professional version of it on our work laptops.
Repent©ºâ²
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Repent©ºâ² »

Man I wouldn't recommended Zone Alarm to my wost enemy, I tried it once and it messed up my PC something terrible.
blitzer
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by blitzer »

Got AVG and already caught a trojan virus :wink:
Bloop?
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Bloop? »

The linux losers should GTFO in advance... kthxbai.
Racer445
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Racer445 »

Real nice Loser....err Racer. No Mac user said a word and you start flaming us. How petty and juvenile are you?

I only said it because there was a large chance that someone would start posting "get a mac." I'm not saying all mac users are losers! Only the ones who try and force macs upon everyone are. I have no beef with macs. No pork either. :razz: How petty and juvenile am I? Very.

Anyhow, if you have Comcast cable they will give you the full McAfee suite for free. What ^ suggested are all good too. AVG stands out the most because it's free.
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

Have been using AVG free edition for years,, not a problem. You get regular updates and its way lighter on pc resources than Norton or McAfee.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
Spirit ^VT^
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Spirit ^VT^ »

I've been using plain old Windows AntiVirus on my lappy - its a little aggressive in identifying errors, but the user interface is really easy - and it has it all - popup blocker, virus scan etc. It costs around $ 40 I think.
GEAUX Saints!

TT Forever.
woo

Post by woo »

This one most likely pwns all...Deep Freeze! :rockon:

http://www.faronics.com/