DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

CD/RW Drive..

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

CooLBoY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

CD/RW Drive..

Post by CooLBoY »

I didn't know where to put this so i stuck it here... Anyways all of a sudden my CD/RW Internal CD Drive stoped working... The cd's can go in i see the green light and everything its just that,, in my computer i dont see the CD I inserted and it doesnt pop up.. No cd's work on it NOW I CANT INSTALL LINUX UBUNTU! Gahh... -.- Any help would be greeeeat btw im running PC...
THANKS!
Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

You have tried multiple CD's already correct? I'm not sure what you can do... If you really need help and no one on PTT has the knowledge, try posting this on pcworld.com's forums. You may need to actually purchase a new drive...
Born-Again Christian
Rooster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rooster »

Is it the motor on the door or does it take the CD in
and not recognise it
It the motor works try a CD cleaning kit
This will clean the laser and might do the trick
CooLBoY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by CooLBoY »

Doesn't reconize any cd's .. I go to my computer and i dont even see my CD Drive...
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

My computer had this same problem a year or so ago. So I went to Dell.com for Troubleshooting, etc. For some reason, downloading this fixed the problem with reading CD's, although sometimes when installing a new CD, I have to use that download a few times. Hopefully that helps, although I'm not sure if it will work on non-Dells...
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

This happened to me a while ago, both of my DVD/CD drives were just not being recognized by the system and did nit appear in my computer or device manager.

I got help from this http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How_to_r ... 42390.html

Now this means going into the registry which means YOU MUST BE CAREFUL. Back up regedit before you tamper with anything in the registry.

This is what helped me and i was up and running again in no time, but changing registry values can be dangerous so be take extreme care.
Cadc
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Cadc »

Ok, idk if this is anywheres close to the issue, but my comp came down with this same problem (i figure it's just the mother board dying, or the plugs died on me)

this is the way it started, I was switching my regular CD drive for a DVD drive, I made the switch, booted the comp, but didn't detect the dvd drive (along with my secondary hard drive) so I thought the dvd drive was prety logical, but the secondary hd? I troubleshot it a few times, but soon my computer couldn't detect my primary hard drive either... (I know the mother board isn't exactly dead because it still funcions).

me and my friend trouble shot it for 2 hours trying different plugs and cable combinations, with no good results, and deemed the motherboard as dying, but seeing more of this issue come up makes me wonder if it's some sort of virus causing the problem :(

but I have the same simptom, my hard drives and dvd drive are all functional, I can operate the dvd drive, and I can feel the hard drive spin, but the comp does not detec them...
Last edited by Cadc on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CooLBoY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by CooLBoY »

@Dazzle how do you back up the regedit thing? Ill go into it once i have it backed up. Thanks alot though
PLAYER36-SA-
Veteran Heavy
Veteran Heavy

Post by PLAYER36-SA- »

First you should check in the CMOS if the thing is being detected.
Bloop?
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Bloop? »

pour cola in it,

no, really,

it cleans the laser.