DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Help running TT on linux

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

SkyRon(SA)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Help running TT on linux

Post by SkyRon(SA) »

I got linux running on my laptop now and I see that Belikin already has made a thread how to get TT running on linux, but it seems complicated. I need help converting the .bin to .exe. I'm new to this Linux OS. Please help! thanks :)
Imageskyron(SA)-Ronak(SA)
SA member
THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Help running TT on linux

Post by THE V »

Congrats you have just asked the most common question to those new to linux!!!

.bin are a type of .exe file for linux. However you have to do a little step to install it. In my opinion it is one of the dumbest things about all the linux distros.

First off what distro of linux did you install? The method changes depending upon the distro.

Below is the instructions in Ubuntu.

Basically the step is to open a terminal (i.e. shell).

Browse to the location of the file (I recommend saving it to your desktop /username/Desktop/) using the by typeing: cd Desktop

type: sudo chmod +x ThinkTanksfilename.bin

In ubuntu it will then ask for your password.

The type: ./ThinkTanksfilename.bin

Then follow the installers directions.
SkyRon(SA)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by SkyRon(SA) »

Yes, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04. When I typed in sudo chmod +x ThinkTanksfilename.bin in the terminal this came up chmod: canot access 'ThinkTanksfilename.bin' : No such file or directory.
Imageskyron(SA)-Ronak(SA)
SA member
Zbrox8
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Zbrox8 »

Hrmmm... So, I've successfully installed ThinkTanks in Ubuntu, and I've gotten it up and running, but it seems that my mouse seems to be non-interactive with the game itself. I can use my keyboard (escape to cancel, enter to do whatever is highlighted) but the game fails to recognize the mouse pointer completely.

That being said, I am running Ubuntu in a VM environment, and there are any number of possible culprits for this problem, but I was wondering if anyone had run into this before, and how it might be fixed.

I appreciate it.

Zbrox8